Toadstool Trouble

StartingATank

Self-Diagnosed Coral Addict
View Badges
Joined
Nov 30, 2024
Messages
2,355
Reaction score
1,747
Location
DFW Metroplex
What state or country do you live in
Texas
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I have this toadstool that keeps falling over every night. It is also very wrinkly and brown at the base. I might have seen another thread about this where the OP cut off all the brown part of it, do I also have to do this with this one? Please help. TIA
image0 (15).jpeg

I also have a small sponge under the Coraline rock on the toadstool frag, if anyone can ID this would be great.
 
does it bounce back in light/daytime?
Cutting off is also acceptable....I have done that lots of times....consider it as fragging.....
 
I would chop off the crown with sharp sicciors, remove the trunk. Tie or use a tooth pick to secure crown to rubble. Run some new charcoal. Leathers slime a lot after fragging. Increase flow to coral.
 
If it only does that at night, and it fully extends during the day id leave it.
By looking at how its like, its probably looking to anchor itself in another location so it can split.
 
Yeah then i would not go snip unless that bottom part starts creeping up.
The last thing you really want to do is tick it off, and have it stay closed for weeks.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 8 5.1%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 11 7.1%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 17.3%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 53 34.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.3%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 11 7.1%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 6.4%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 24 15.4%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 10 6.4%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new