Toadstools mass shedding

toadstool_paradise

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So for the past month all my toadstools have been closed and shriveled. I have 6 different toadstools and I’ve only seen one shed before. I’ve had them for over a year and they have always always been open and beautiful. My neon green sinularia has also been closed and never has before. All my fish and inverts seem fine. Mushroom corals seem fine, Rhodactis a little shriveled maybe? Gorgonian open and good. All soft coral tank. No changes at all except added some activated carbon.
I’ve had red planaria in the tank and didn’t bother much but just treated with flatworm exit a few days ago to see if that helps.

can activated carbon cause them all to close and mass shed? I’m baffled at what this could be.
Ammonia-0
Nitrite-0
Nitrate-10ish this is normal for my tank
Temp-77-78
Salinity-1.025
20 gallon peninsula tank
Have done 4 tests on different weeks and all testing is the same.

did multiple massive water changes and hasn’t seemed to help. Only change is the carbon but maybe I should just remove it to see. Sad because my toads are my favorite coral. Always so open and beautiful. It’s strange for all 6 of them to close at once. I have seen no parasites in the tank except red planaria but they don’t seem to harm much and hopefully now they’re gone.

thanks for the help.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 39 32.5%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 23.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 23 19.2%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 25.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back