Toby Puffer and Sea Cucumber

figwig

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey all, seem to be getting mixed results so thought I'd ask here. Does anyone keep a toby puffer and a sea cucumber together? Does the toby show any interest?

I've had my toby (specifically a false eye blue spot) for a while and I'm pretty good and at judging what he will/won't eat. I've got loads of hermit crabs, plenty of trochus snails, a couple small nas snails, and a couple cerith snails, and he leaves them all alone mostly. Anything at night he doesn't touch, and while he's interested in the snails when I first put them in he usually ignores them after a couple of minutes. If there's one face up on the sand he'll go for it but I've never seen him try to break their shells. He also mostly leaves the corals alone. I've got quite a messy sand bed and have been trying to find something that will do a good job of cleaning the detritus - I've got a watchman Goby but as of yet he's not sand sifting, and I think a sandsifiting star might not work - though if anyone has experience with that combo too that'd be great to hear about!
1614080062591.png

P-Dub

The ocean is open to all, merciful to none.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You can only try. I've seen fish do what they aren't supposed to and vice-versa. It's always a bit of a gamble. I've also seen model tank citizens go completely off the rails after years of good behavior... Keep us posted.

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 17 28.3%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 50 83.3%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 9 15.0%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 6 10.0%
  • Other

Votes: 3 5.0%
Back