Today is the day! It's the day you tell the world your favorite place to buy coral! SHOUT OUT!

Do you have a "GO TO" place that you buy coral from?

• Yes, one and only one!

Votes: 35 9.4%
  • Yes but open to good deals from others!

Votes: 161 43.3%
  • I'll buy from anyone who sells nice corals!

Votes: 162 43.5%
  • I'm loyal to my wallet only!

Votes: 56 15.1%

• Total voters

ZoWhat

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I like palys bc they are beautiful in colors and are bulletproof compared to melting zoas

I pass on almost all LIVE SALES on R2R bc like @vetteguy53081 hinted towards....its absolutely ridiculous buying a $39 single polyp zoa/paly that was "supposedly" $69 before the sale. I say Bull & S...

With that said I wait until @CherryCorals semiannual sales for PALYS. He's the only one that has a decent amt of palys in diff colors.

I save my money for @CherryCorals Live Sales

Year and a half ago I spent $600 on zoas from a pretty well known Live Sales Vendor. I dint think I have a single zoa left. They're all melted away with my $600. Never again. 95% of @CherryCorals stuff I've bought *even zias) are still alive.

Last edited:

Daniel92481

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok this is an easy one today BUT special because the world is going to find out who your favorite vendor for buying coral is! You get to share your love with the world and give a nice shout out to your go to coral provider! There is ONE catch though. YOU MUST ONLY NAME ONE!!! Feel free to tag them and maybe they'll hook you up with a free frag! :)

So here is the QOTD!

What vendor/company is your MOST FAVORITE place to buy coral from? (NAME ONLY ONE)

Favorite Place to buy coral.jpg

Don’t do this to me!

World Wide Cherry Top Shelf Austin Fox Aquatic Farms for me!

Woot! ;)

Dempsey941

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh man thats a hard one. @TopShelfAquatics has yet to let me down and I know a significant portion of my tank came from them, but @WWC sent me some fire frags in a gold club subscription last year.

MurphyJ

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Jason Fox. Large frags, clean, pest free, healthy, and reasonable pricing. Even the cut to order Frags I’ve gotten from him have been large.

Wolfman238

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
WWC TSA TKC and Unique all are top notch of course I don't care who they come from there getting a nice refreshing dip after they get comfortable

Jordan Prather

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I get almost all mine from my lfs I truly believe you have to support them or else the hobby will go down hill. However for online if I had to recommend one I'm not sure was pretty happy with the couple I have ordered from.

ppatches24

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Locally here in CO I lean towards Biggs lagoon. They seem to actually care and want to share the cool parts of the ocean with you. I haven't met a local seller like them yet. I'm sure the exist.

I just ordered my first corals from online at aquaSD and from what I read I'm expecting a great experience.

When sales bring down online prices to what I consider reasonable I'll buy from pretty much anyone that has a good - great reputation.

brewandreef

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I really really like Unique Corals. The best WYSIWYG photos (no oversaturations), free shipping at only $150, only a $15 saturday delivery fee, and they have both named and un-named corals for great prices.

Cell

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So many cheaters in this thread! One mention of potential free corals and adhering to the "only one" probably became hopeless.:p

ORCA1

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@AquaSD wide selection, fair prices and have always come in healthy and as expected. Customer service always good.

Ron Reefman

Lets Go Snorkeling!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@BayouReefer, thanks for letting me know you are giving them a try. I'd like to hear what you think after you get the corals.

I bought some RFAs from them and they were willing to send me picks of some of the prettiest and I picked out the ones I wanted. They treated me very well and that was before I became a member of the Reef Squad.

Set it and forget it: Do you change your aquascape as your corals grow?

• I regularly change something in my aquascape.

Votes: 7 6.1%
  • I occasionally change something in my aquascape.

Votes: 29 25.4%
  • I rarely change something in my aquascape.

Votes: 57 50.0%
  • I never change something in my aquascape.

Votes: 18 15.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.6%
Back