Today is the day! It's the day you tell the world your favorite place to buy coral! SHOUT OUT!

Do you have a "GO TO" place that you buy coral from?

• Yes, one and only one!

Votes: 35 9.4%
  • Yes but open to good deals from others!

Votes: 161 43.3%
  • I'll buy from anyone who sells nice corals!

Votes: 162 43.5%
  • I'm loyal to my wallet only!

Votes: 56 15.1%

• Total voters

drblakjak55

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Aqua SD ,Unique Corals, Pacific East all quality frags. Good customer service. Love the idea of leaving California 6pm. I pick up from UPS store ten minutes away by 10am. Still warm.
The best local store for healthy fish and corals at good price in lower CT. Bridgeport Max Reef

JoeJoesonoma

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My go to coral dealer is www.sweetfrag.com. Ive been dealing with Steve for about 2 years now. Everytime I go there he always has a great selection and has always hooked me up.

Beth Villmow

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok this is an easy one today BUT special because the world is going to find out who your favorite vendor for buying coral is! You get to share your love with the world and give a nice shout out to your go to coral provider! There is ONE catch though. YOU MUST ONLY NAME ONE!!! Feel free to tag them and maybe they'll hook you up with a free frag! :)

So here is the QOTD!

What vendor/company is your MOST FAVORITE place to buy coral from? (NAME ONLY ONE)

Favorite Place to buy coral.jpg
I buy my corals at Woofs & Waves in Sioux Falls, SD. The owner, Mark, has been my mentor from the very first and he has always done right by me!

Morty4corals

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Fish R Us in Conroe, TX. Love that I can buy colorful coral colonies for the price of a high end frag. Frags for $20 and mini colonies for $50.

20200112_134025.jpg

1Fi$h2Fi$h

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Since setting up my new tank I've only ordered from cornbred corals website and Ebay auctions. I've gotten some killer deals from them and they've always been top notch on customer service and quality in coral
whats your experience with cornbread? i was gonna purchase a bunch of his site then found some bad reviews on google

Grossman90

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Only buy from chris lazarko who mainly sells zoas at the coral.exchange. Great guy who has the lowest prices and always sends decent freebies.

DHill6

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m taking back my previous reply. Breaking ties with that vendor. I was told a ‘baby’ blasto, what showed up was the size of a pin head. A very expensive pin head which is not looking good. To top that he didn’t follow proper procedure to sell through a well know site. What the heck...what happened to honesty.

Mical

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Another option rather than online vendors is to check locally. I stumbled upon a guy on Craigslist (link below) He offered 10 SPS frags $100. We met at a local spot, he supplied a small styro-cooler, each individually bagged & threw in 4 extras.

tony'stank

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Pet Connection, Livonia, MI, Oceans & Seas , Roseville, Mi ( have been buying from these two for > 30 yrs) , and Fish Doctors, Canton, MI (Juan is extremely knowledgeable and helpful)

ZoaAddiction81

Nems And More Nems
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve been recently buying coral from Reefco out of New Jersey..Dealing with Brian there every coral on the sight is amazing..Each order comes packed perfect in jars that have a holder in them keeps your coral intact and safe..Corals are very healthy and clean...Definitely recommend this awesome place check it out

Dw79

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I get mine from Fragbox Corals in Toronto.
Tanks are always clean and they usually have a pretty good selection

Daveph68

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
7   0   0
Yes, I usually buy most of my corals from Aquatic Critter in Nashville. The staff are so friendly and helpful, I enjoy every trip up there from Huntsville, AL.

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don’t have any one place I am “loyal” to. I buy whatever I get a good deal and a healthy coral.

I go to the frag shows, local reefers and a few stores.

As a shout out to the LFS I frequent:
The Coral Corral - Tampa FL
What’s in Your Tank - Land O’ Lakes FL
Aquasia -Tampa, FL

I have never ordered corals on line. Not that I wouldn’t I have no aversion to it, just never did it.

Silverfish

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I tend to buy from vendors that are doing some sale or discount event. I have bought from many different vendors and a lot from R2R members. Generally the vendors have been great. It’s been hit or miss with marketplace vendors. Corals seem to be less stable. I’m not sure the reason but I have lost more from marketplace members than from our R2R online vendors.

jesspal

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm located within Florida so ordering from TSA and WWC is a nice option since overnight shipping is significantly cheaper than many other vendors.

Cristy17

Sunshine Reef
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I haven't bought corals in a long time as my 40g tank was stocked to overflowing!
20190110_095104 R1.jpg

I have a couple of favorites. Cultivated Reef is one and they are a sponsor here. They have treated me extremely well in the past. My other favorite is VIP Reef in Miami. Most of the RFAs I've bought, came from there about 5 years ago!
Hi Ron! Your fluorescent tank is loving amazing! Love love love all the colors. Hope you are well!

Set it and forget it: Do you change your aquascape as your corals grow?

• I regularly change something in my aquascape.

Votes: 13 8.8%
  • I occasionally change something in my aquascape.

Votes: 42 28.6%
  • I rarely change something in my aquascape.

Votes: 70 47.6%
  • I never change something in my aquascape.

Votes: 19 12.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.0%
Back