Today is the day! It's the day you tell the world your favorite place to buy coral! SHOUT OUT!

Do you have a "GO TO" place that you buy coral from?

• Yes, one and only one!

Votes: 35 9.4%
  • Yes but open to good deals from others!

Votes: 161 43.3%
  • I'll buy from anyone who sells nice corals!

Votes: 162 43.5%
  • I'm loyal to my wallet only!

Votes: 56 15.1%

• Total voters

SGreene

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
eBay. I found a seller named gwcorals. They start out at $4.99 auction and if I am lucky, I end up getting some really nice stuff for less then $10. They have same stuff that other people are selling with photoshopped pics for much higher prices. Last time I bought Oregon Tort, JF Fox flame, Strawberry Shortcake, and Red Planet for around $15 per frag. Also got Beach Bum and Altered Ego Monti for around $50 each.

clffthmps

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve ordered coral from Jason fox. I really think he has a awesome selection.But $50.00 flat rate shipping, That’s a little expensive. So I use corals.com Cherry corals World wide corals and top shelf aquatics.

Oberst Oswald

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Reefco Aquarium in Green Brook, NJ. No need to go anywhere else to buy quality coral locally.

Something Fishy in Northampton, PA which has a nice selection of LPS corals.

Joe's 220 Reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I only have a few select vendors for sps corals. If I had to pick one it would be @Battlecorals. I have 15 of his corals in my tank and will be getting a few more before it is totally full. I bought both individual pieces as well as battle boxes and have never been let down. Great size frags and pest free

On a side note the runner ups are @CherryCorals and @TopShelfAquatics who also provide very high quality corals, have always been pest free for me, and you can usually get them at a reasonable price.

Lps are Austin aqua farms , @uniquecorals , and @Corals.com

Last edited:

ORCA1

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Aqua SD .... large selection and fair prices with sales. Always gave me great service and answered questions.

BayouReefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Absolutely beautiful tank!
I haven't bought corals in a long time as my 40g tank was stocked to overflowing!
20190110_095104 R1.jpg

I have a couple of favorites. Cultivated Reef is one and they are a sponsor here. They have treated me extremely well in the past. My other favorite is VIP Reef in Miami. Most of the RFAs I've bought, came from there about 5 years ago!

NanoDJS

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If I am actually interested in it, there is a reason. I dont care who ,where, when , how as long as I am interested in the coral. I often " rescue" very very sad coral to give them a better life , I have been know to slum it as well as going over the top fancy shmancy , I am honestly always looking so it doesn't pay to be limiting.

AZMSGT

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Epic Aquaculture has some of the best you can imagine. Absolutely beautiful pieces. He is my go to reseller, helps that he’s local and no shipping.

ikiwi

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My LFS Reefco in Green Brook, NJ! Awesome corals (and fish).... and Brian’s customer service is second to none!

VLR3

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My favorite LFS in the CA Bay Area is SJ Reef in Dublin. Good selection, good quality, good service.

Fourstars

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m rural so have to order online. Been trying to support other reefers here on R2R but my experience has been poor so far, most hobbyist are not serious enough. Might try tidal gardens.

Devils153

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My favorite is definitely @Legendary Corals
I can never get them to respond to anything. I just got a torch from the auction they had and it did not do well I actually started a thread on here about it. I am not blaming them but I had a question about the shipping because my box had a hole in it through the styrofoam and all. I’m guessing this caused the torch stress from back and forth temp swings and it had BJD I had to quickly pitch it once I noticed. The other three I ordered from them were fine. I’m trying to figure out what we can do about this since I’m sure they do not ship with holes in boxes. Not blaming them but with the cost of shipping guessing this should be covered.

Set it and forget it: Do you change your aquascape as your corals grow?

• I regularly change something in my aquascape.

Votes: 7 6.4%
  • I occasionally change something in my aquascape.

Votes: 29 26.6%
  • I rarely change something in my aquascape.

Votes: 53 48.6%
  • I never change something in my aquascape.

Votes: 18 16.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.8%
Back