Tomini Tang and Diamond Goby

JediCruz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I just saw something that some may consider gross. So I saw that the Tomini Tang, for about a minute, was following the Diamond Goby around. Then the Goby pooped and the Tomini Tang ate it. Then he went along with his day. Yeah. Interesting. Is this normal behavior? Should I be worried. I’m in the mindset of let it be but I wanted some other opinions.

Idoc

Getting lazier and lazier with upkeep!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've seen plenty of fish grab a bite when it's in the water column, but quickly spit it out.

Maybe you just have a weird fish...or, maybe it has Covid and lost its sense of taste!

TheWB

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I just saw something that some may consider gross. So I saw that the Tomini Tang, for about a minute, was following the Diamond Goby around. Then the Goby pooped and the Tomini Tang ate it. Then he went along with his day. Yeah. Interesting. Is this normal behavior? Should I be worried. I’m in the mindset of let it be but I wanted some other opinions.
My Tomini has done that same thing with my Orange Backed Wrasse before, but not in a long time.

Ardeus

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My tomini tang furiously chases the diamond goby back to his burrow whenever he sees him out. Maybe he's trying to literally scare the $#1t out of him.

OP
OP
JediCruz

JediCruz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah, he may have done it before but I never noticed. It was long, thin, and dark when he usually poops thick poo. The Tomini just slurped it up.

Maritimer

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Seems to be a bristletooth tang thing. My kole and squaretail tangs will race across the tank to catch a falling turd - and will follow any fish they think is about to drop a deuce. They are, after all, detritus feeders ... why not catch it while it's fresh?

~B.

OP
OP
JediCruz

JediCruz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Seems to be a bristletooth tang thing. My kole and squaretail tangs will race across the tank to catch a falling turd - and will follow any fish they think is about to drop a deuce. They are, after all, detritus feeders ... why not catch it while it's fresh?

~B.
Omg! This reply seriously made me cry with laughter! At least I know it’s normal. Lol

Crabby48

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If any of my fish eat poop they spit it out. Tomini a few times I saw eat poop never spit it out. They tend to eat algae for sand bed so I’m guessing they like all the trash

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 39 34.2%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 23 20.2%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.9%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 8 7.0%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 31 27.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.5%
Back