Tomini tang changed to white pale color

RubieSam

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dear all,
I need help identifying what’s wrong with my Tomini tang. So I am new to this hoppy. I recently built a 75g tank with coule of live rocks to seed my dry rocks and live sand. The tank is 1.5 month old and has my 3yr old maroon clown (from my old tank), 1 puffer, 1 powder brown tang, 1 tomini tang, and some hermit crabs. Yesterday, everybody was fine and swimming around happily. But this morning, I found my powder brown tang died at the bottom of the tang. The tomini tang’s color has changed from light brown to pale. I checked the parameters.
Ammonia: 0.25
Nitrite: 0.25
Nitrate: 5
Ph: 8
I changed 10% of the water but dont know what else to do or what’s wrong with my tank. Plz help me! All advices are much appreciated. TIA

OP
OP
R

RubieSam

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here is a short of video of it. For some reason, the color has changed back to it’s normal color. It was still pale this afternoon. I Hope you can see. Hard to get clearer shots cuz it’s swim quite fast. Thanks

Attachments

• IMG_3462.MOV
    13.8 MB

mkereefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here is a short of video of it. For some reason, the color has changed back to it’s normal color. It was still pale this afternoon. I Hope you can see. Hard to get clearer shots cuz it’s swim quite fast. Thanks
cant really see much but looks like it has normal colleration

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dear all,
I need help identifying what’s wrong with my Tomini tang. So I am new to this hoppy. I recently built a 75g tank with coule of live rocks to seed my dry rocks and live sand. The tank is 1.5 month old and has my 3yr old maroon clown (from my old tank), 1 puffer, 1 powder brown tang, 1 tomini tang, and some hermit crabs. Yesterday, everybody was fine and swimming around happily. But this morning, I found my powder brown tang died at the bottom of the tang. The tomini tang’s color has changed from light brown to pale. I checked the parameters.
Ammonia: 0.25
Nitrite: 0.25
Nitrate: 5
Ph: 8
I changed 10% of the water but dont know what else to do or what’s wrong with my tank. Plz help me! All advices are much appreciated. TIA

Welcome to Reef2Reef!

The video didn't have enough detail to see what might be going on. What I want to see is the tang's breathing rate.

The powder brown died from something, and if that was a contagious problem, the other fish are sat risk.
Did the powder brown show any symptoms before it died? Was it breathing fast, not eating?

Jay

Back