Tomini Tang - Ich?

sanzz18

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I introduced a tomini tang to a tank that had a powder brown tang, thinking I was "relatively" clear with aggression due do different color and shape. He bullied and nipped at him for almost a day and finally let up and now they are fine.

I have noticed an area near his tail and wanted to see if you guys thought it was ich or something else. He is eating very well and is very active. I was trying to catch him to setup a hospital tank but no luck catching. Hoping to just manage it as best as I can with a good diet to boost immune system (frozen mysis, LRS reef frenzy, nori, and pellets).

What do you guys think?

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Don’t see ich but what I do see is fin nipping by one of the tank mates and the big white dot looks like lympho which is virus and not parasite.
Maintain good water quality and diet. Add vitamins supplement to food such as selcon vitamins

OP
OP
sanzz18

sanzz18

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Don’t see ich but what I do see is fin nipping by one of the tank mates and the big white dot looks like lympho which is virus and not parasite.
Maintain good water quality and diet. Add vitamins supplement to food such as selcon vitamins
Awesome that is great to hear. Like I said, he is doing very well grazing all day and eating very well whatever I throw in the tank. HIs fins actually were much worse and healed up a lot very quickly. Thanks!

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 59 40.4%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 33 22.6%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 49 33.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 3.4%
Back