Tomini tang not eating.

Notsolostfish

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My tomini tang refusing to eat anything. When i first got him. He was eating tiny amount of frozen food. But now he peeks at my rocks and backwalls. Hes in a good health. But im afraid that wont stay for long. Because my tank is 3 month old. And the algae on my rocks are questionable for long term food.

I tried brian shrimp, mysis shrimp, PE mysis, pellets. When i put the frozen cup in the morning he hides when other fish comes for food. Hes 1 weeks old in my tank. I also tried a clip of purple, red, and green seaweed. The seaweed gets scattered in the tank, and he wont even care.

Any idea or suggestion how to get it to eat, maybe a food recommendation?

blaxsun

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Picking at algae on the rocks and sides of the tank is fairly normal. I would try rubber banding some green seaweed (take a sheet of SeaVeggies, divide it into 4 segments and fold that up into a roughly 1" x 1" square) onto a small flat rock. This is how I regularly feed all my herbivores. It's also less messy than a clip as they can't rip off large chunks from the rocks due to the rubber band. Remove anything uneaten after a few hours.

Having the seaweed on the rock seems to encourage the natural "nibbling" behavior. Once they've figured out what the seaweed is, that it's rather tasty and are eating it on a regular basis you can try moving back to a clip (or not if you prefer the rock).

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 34 16.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 12 5.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 27 13.0%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 119 57.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 14 6.8%
Back