Tomini tang white on nose.

Gator2019

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 20, 2017
Messages
105
Reaction score
37
What state or country do you live in
Florida
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have had this tomini for about a month now and he is an absolute pig. When I got up this morning I noticed he had a white spot on his nose. It kinda looks like he scrapped on a rock maybe. I added a foxface last night and the tomini has been pretty interested in him, so could them chasing eachother cause him to get scratched some? Or should I be more worried of a disease. After I noticed it, I fed the tank and he ate more than anyone else.

B8FB5C52-3BF5-408F-B515-42CF3D221AAE.jpeg


2C75F55D-E8B9-4EBD-8B68-2DC79579A3BB.jpeg


60393AE4-BC14-43EC-8769-7FF64EB48ED1.jpeg
 
Thank you! I was worried the foxface stabbed and posioned him.

You would see spine marks (smaller incisions) if the Foxface nailed him. That looks too splotchy/spread out IMO.

And even if the Foxface did sting him, I would still advise vitamins at this point. If it starts looking worse, I would give him either an acriflavine or Methylene Blue bath en route to QT.

Once in QT, I would treat for at least 10 days using antibiotics: https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/antibiotics.283711/
 
You would see spine marks (smaller incisions) if the Foxface nailed him. That looks too splotchy/spread out IMO.

And even if the Foxface did sting him, I would still advise vitamins at this point. If it starts looking worse, I would give him either an acriflavine or Methylene Blue bath en route to QT.

Once in QT, I would treat for at least 10 days using antibiotics: https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/antibiotics.283711/
He seems to heal very quick. It already looks to be going back to his normal colors. If it gets worse, I will follow your steps for sure!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 2 3.5%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 16 28.1%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 19 33.3%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 6 10.5%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 1.8%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 3 5.3%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 7 12.3%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 5.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new