Tomoko's New 180

shovelrider

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Really nice job on the tank! I would love to see what your sump set up looks like now, if you dont mind sharing.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Tomoko Schum

Tomoko Schum

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you, shovelrider.
My sump is not worthy of pictures. It looks like a rat nest of snaking flex hoses and electrical wires after seeing everybody's pretty, well-organized sump pictures, lol. If you are interested in seeing it, you can come by any time to take a look. You are not very far from me in Madison :)

OP
OP
Tomoko Schum

Tomoko Schum

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Back in September 2012, my mandarin pair was dancing together every night. I forgot that I uploaded the video of it to Youtube. The blue mandarin is male, and I matched it with a red female.

OP
OP
Tomoko Schum

Tomoko Schum

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I found my current mandarin pair is doing a courtship dancing last night! The tank was dark and I could not take a picture. I wonder how long they have been doing this in the dark...

OP
OP
Tomoko Schum

Tomoko Schum

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The video above was taken almost three years ago before a mishap with a failed skimmer pump. I had leaky current going through the tank and got a number of my acros zapped. Thought GFCI and a titanium heater will protect them, but my titanium heater turned out to be not the type that acted as a ground probe.

Although the damage was severe, the majority of the acros survived. They are looking pretty all right now except for a few that I damaged with my light fixture change. Unfortunately I seem to have fried the tips of some of my acros this time. They are recovering slowly.

Wonder if I ever learn...

Tentacled trailblazer in your tank: Have you ever kept a large starfish?

• I currently have a starfish in my tank.

Votes: 25 29.1%
  • Not currently, but I have kept a starfish in the past.

Votes: 20 23.3%
  • I have never kept a starfish, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 22 25.6%
  • I have no plans to keep a starfish.

Votes: 19 22.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back