OP
Tomoko Schum

Tomoko Schum

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I need to take more pictures. I lost the huge rose milli after I rearranged the rocks and corals. When it went, it took a bunch of other SPS's down with it. All softies, LPS's, fish, clam and snails are fine. The tank looks quite sparse now, but the remaining SPS's are beginning to color up some. I also found a lot of medusa like tiny creatures, the kind that you see in a newly cycled tank, a week or so ago. I suspect that my tank recovered from the mini cycling event that the rose milli started.

I think the worst is over. Now I can start collecting more frags :).

OP
OP
Tomoko Schum

Tomoko Schum

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Update

It's been a long while since I posted a picture of my tank. Since R2R is running a contest for Reefkeeper lite controller, I decided to update this thread and enter the thread.

Here's a new full tank shot and a few inhabitants:

1801-1-10008-1.jpg

Hawkinsbluemodified.jpg

1801-1-10035.jpg

1801-1-10062.jpg

1801-1-10017.jpg

H@rry

Troll
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking good Tomoko! All the critters look pretty happy. Is that the Hawkins Blue in the second pic?

OP
OP
Tomoko Schum

Tomoko Schum

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi y'all,

Here's a recent picture of my 180.
My daughter took this with her iphone. It came out really well without any tweeking with GIMP or photoshop, don't you think?

OP
OP
Tomoko Schum

Tomoko Schum

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi y'all,

I am going to post a few more pictures to update this thread since someone asked me if I had a thread for my 180.
These pictures were taken with my iphone. I used a filter in Instagram to make some of them look not so blue.

By the way, these were taken before I dismantled the tank two weeks ago to catch two yellow clown gobies. The yellow vermins were removed successfully, but I lost one big colony of pink pocillopora. Acros came through the ordeal unscathed :) The aquascape looks slightly different now. I had quite a few rocks left over. It's like having a few parts lelf over after dissasembling and reassembling a device...

Full tank shot:

Center area:

Pearlberry:

Garf's Bonsai from the top:

Blue tort from the top

Last edited:
OP
OP
Tomoko Schum

Tomoko Schum

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you.

I just spotted the yellow vermin on the 2nd picture! It's sitting on my blue tort on the left end of the picture.
I am very glad that I have been able to rehome these guys to my 29. I was upset enough to empty my 180 for two one-inch fishes.

TrishW

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Your tank looks great! It's nice to see a fellow female reefer with a big tank, especially such a nice looking one. (tank that is)

Dave3112

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Your tank looks great, Tomoko! I hope I can get mine looking that good again. SOON! :)

Dave3112

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are those those blastos in the center area pic? I really like the look of whatever they are!

OP
OP
Tomoko Schum

Tomoko Schum

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you, Dave.

As for the coral in the center pic, i wonder if you are refering to an encrusting green goniopora. The small red LPS in the front is your acanthastrea :).

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 20 7.8%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 44 17.3%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 173 67.8%
  • Neither.

Votes: 12 4.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 2.4%
Back