Tomoko's New 180

I need to take more pictures. I lost the huge rose milli after I rearranged the rocks and corals. When it went, it took a bunch of other SPS's down with it. All softies, LPS's, fish, clam and snails are fine. The tank looks quite sparse now, but the remaining SPS's are beginning to color up some. I also found a lot of medusa like tiny creatures, the kind that you see in a newly cycled tank, a week or so ago. I suspect that my tank recovered from the mini cycling event that the rose milli started.

I think the worst is over. Now I can start collecting more frags :).
 
Update

It's been a long while since I posted a picture of my tank. Since R2R is running a contest for Reefkeeper lite controller, I decided to update this thread and enter the thread.

Here's a new full tank shot and a few inhabitants:

1801-1-10008-1.jpg


Hawkinsbluemodified.jpg


1801-1-10035.jpg


1801-1-10062.jpg


1801-1-10017.jpg
 
Looking good Tomoko! All the critters look pretty happy. Is that the Hawkins Blue in the second pic?
 
Hi y'all,

Here's a recent picture of my 180.
My daughter took this with her iphone. It came out really well without any tweeking with GIMP or photoshop, don't you think?

 
Wow, lookin' really good three years later!
 
Hi y'all,

I am going to post a few more pictures to update this thread since someone asked me if I had a thread for my 180.
These pictures were taken with my iphone. I used a filter in Instagram to make some of them look not so blue.

By the way, these were taken before I dismantled the tank two weeks ago to catch two yellow clown gobies. The yellow vermins were removed successfully, but I lost one big colony of pink pocillopora. Acros came through the ordeal unscathed :) The aquascape looks slightly different now. I had quite a few rocks left over. It's like having a few parts lelf over after dissasembling and reassembling a device...

Full tank shot:



Center area:



Pearlberry:



Garf's Bonsai from the top:



Blue tort from the top

 
Last edited:
Thank you.

I just spotted the yellow vermin on the 2nd picture! It's sitting on my blue tort on the left end of the picture.
I am very glad that I have been able to rehome these guys to my 29. I was upset enough to empty my 180 for two one-inch fishes.
 
Your tank looks great! It's nice to see a fellow female reefer with a big tank, especially such a nice looking one. (tank that is)
 
Your tank looks great, Tomoko! I hope I can get mine looking that good again. SOON! :)
 
Are those those blastos in the center area pic? I really like the look of whatever they are!
 
Thank you, Dave.

As for the coral in the center pic, i wonder if you are refering to an encrusting green goniopora. The small red LPS in the front is your acanthastrea :).
 

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 7 25.0%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 14 50.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 3 10.7%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 10 35.7%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 4 14.3%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 14 50.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 8 28.6%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 4 14.3%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new