Tomoko's New 180

Really nice job on the tank! I would love to see what your sump set up looks like now, if you dont mind sharing.
 
Last edited:
Thank you, shovelrider.
My sump is not worthy of pictures. It looks like a rat nest of snaking flex hoses and electrical wires after seeing everybody's pretty, well-organized sump pictures, lol. If you are interested in seeing it, you can come by any time to take a look. You are not very far from me in Madison :)
 
Back in September 2012, my mandarin pair was dancing together every night. I forgot that I uploaded the video of it to Youtube. The blue mandarin is male, and I matched it with a red female.

 
I found my current mandarin pair is doing a courtship dancing last night! The tank was dark and I could not take a picture. I wonder how long they have been doing this in the dark...
 
The video above was taken almost three years ago before a mishap with a failed skimmer pump. I had leaky current going through the tank and got a number of my acros zapped. Thought GFCI and a titanium heater will protect them, but my titanium heater turned out to be not the type that acted as a ground probe.

Although the damage was severe, the majority of the acros survived. They are looking pretty all right now except for a few that I damaged with my light fixture change. Unfortunately I seem to have fried the tips of some of my acros this time. They are recovering slowly.

Wonder if I ever learn...
 

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 7 25.0%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 14 50.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 3 10.7%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 10 35.7%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 4 14.3%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 14 50.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 8 28.6%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 4 14.3%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new