Tongue Coral?

Sycoticrealm

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 18, 2014
Messages
295
Reaction score
141
Location
Indiana
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Herpolitha or Polyphyllia?
31a633e0cc7cdd93d00e69c3b0998d04.jpg
 
I'm going to say Polyphyllia. The striations and shape aren't there for a Herpolitha IMO.
 
Isn't a herpolitha taller and the edge slope down like a tongue?
I was wondering maybe it this way because how they cut it up idk tbh.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 10 24.4%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 15 36.6%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 4 9.8%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 2.4%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 3 7.3%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 5 12.2%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 7.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new