Tons of tiny snails at night

OceanMinded

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just put my phone up to my tank with the flashlight on. Tank lights are off. I noticed hundreds of tiny white snails on the glass bottom. I’ve never seen them before until now. This is also the first time I’ve shined a light on the tank while the lights are off.

the tank is a little over a year old and the same 6 astrea snails are still cruising around from the beginning. The photo is terrible but its mostly to show the size and amount. Can anyone confirm if these are good or bad? I have noticed a few of my Zoanthus frags have been struggling lately.
Thanks

B0293261-0A3F-4CE4-9781-173E4CD018B9.jpeg

Udest

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They're likely collinistia snails they're good just watch your pumps also you should shine a light on your rockwork you might also find chitons

OP
OP
OceanMinded

OceanMinded

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They're likely collinistia snails they're good just watch your pumps also you should shine a light on your rockwork you might also find chitons

thanks for the reassurance. That’s exactly what they look like.

As far as chitons go. I have noticed one or two pretty fast moving snails. I thought they were stomatella’s. After looking up Chitons just now, I’m wondering if what I saw was a stomatella or if it was actually a Chiton. I remember it being mostly white and not having the pattern on the chitons pictured in the link you posted

Last edited:
Back