Tony Vargas 300-Gallon Build

Sahin

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This thread is WAAAAAAY overdue for an update. Waaaaaaaay!

zemuss

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey Tony where is the build thread for that light? I am very curious.

jeffthomas

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey Tony, Happy New Year! Thinking about upgrading to a 300dd. Looking forward to an update and your thoughts on your tank.

CoralManz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey Tony could ya post some updates?Also by any chance do you still have the colony of the deep magenta purplish Acro you and Greg Schemer got in NewYork and split it with Mike P?Anyways hope all is well.

locito277

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When I first moved to Florida my initial intention was to assemble a 500-gallon reef system for our new house, thatâ€[emoji769]s right go larger than the previous tank. So, during the construction phase of my new custom 500-gallon tank I installed a 90-gallon system temporarily to house some of the live stock I bought with me from New York.

The new 500 was built of Diamante glass for HD like clarity and measured 96â€Lx36â€Wx37â€H. Shortly after its delivery I knew I did not want this beast because of its size. Toying around with the 90 I realized that the height of the 90 was comfortable for me at 25½ inches and anything higher than 27 inches would make life difficult. I also had to take into consideration that I would not have access from the rear of the tank. I knew that my arms would not reach the bottom of the tank at a height of 37 inches. Also it would make it very inconvenient when placing and moving rock and corals. If I wanted to place something diagonal toward the back I was going to have major issues accomplishing that task.

This was my first mistake – I knew that I would have to get rid of the tank. It took me several years to realize what tank would meet my needs best.

IMG_8604-1.jpg

I knew right here it was to tall.

IMG_8503-1.jpg

To the right regular glass.

You purchased the aquarium from exotic? I bought my 220 20 yrs ago.

locito277

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry for the long delay, but trying to catch up on five articles and a little travel. This is what the draw set from Ikea was used for, the Control Center of my APEX Controller unit. Wire management is very important to me and this is a good way of managing all those wires we can't help but have in this hobby of ours.

IMG_0154-1.jpg

IMG_0156-1.jpg

IMG_0157.jpg

I know this isn3 years after the post but domyou currently do consulting on Apex set ups?

RamsReef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
TTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTONY

monkeyCmonkeyDo

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi tony! I never got to meet u. I met sanjay and i think u guys were friends or at least talked. Hope ur still doing good. Hope ur still doing sw tanks or at least invloved with em. Last i saw u were doing ur own line of things. U had a retail or wholesale going?!
Kinda like jason fox.
Hope all is well tony vargas!
Bigr and bob fenner is.a blow to me. Cant believe it.
Fish on!
D

shred5

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Tony actually has volume 2 of his book coming out soon.
Scott Fellman left the hobby and is not doing tannins for freshwater.
Bob was a shocker. I was just chatting with him too a few days earlier, I think it was about Walt Smith.

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 30 37.0%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 10 12.3%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 25 30.9%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 14 17.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.5%
Back