Votes: 2 15.4%

• Total voters

TonyNguyen

Unkown
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Okay, guys, I'm tired of changing tanks over and over and over...This should be my last tank SERIOUSLY...I'm getting too old for this....lol

This will be a simple built so don't expect all that fancy stuff...

I'm documenting this last build on R2R.

It's a brand new Pro Clear Aquatic Systems 58 Gallon

The Tank comes with light and sump and ATO

The plan is to transfer most of the livestock over, new rock work.

It'going to be a MIX reef so I'm still debating Sand or No Sand...
20190605_203740.jpg

20190605_203746.jpg

20190605_203746.jpg

Fudsey

Jack of all trades, Master of none ;-)
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I say sand because I like sand. But, to be honest, it would depend more on what you really want to keep in the tank, I guess ;)

OP
OP
TonyNguyen

TonyNguyen

Unkown
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm thinking about doing the glue sand... It's something I'm leaning towards.

OP
OP
TonyNguyen

TonyNguyen

Unkown
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Alright, just finished gluing the sand .. It's a pain and time consuming. But luckily my family help out and keep it fun. My 4yr old loves sand... Lol I'm hoping that it will stay for long term and not fall apart.. I also added the random flow nozzle to get some action. Added a DC pump to be more efficient with energy . Well that's all folks for now. Rock work is next ..

20190615_120148.jpg

20190615_120535.jpg

20190615_120200.jpg

OP
OP
TonyNguyen

TonyNguyen

Unkown
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I think that I totally mess up with this one guys and I don't know if I want to fix it or how. What do you guys think??? When I laid it outside of the tank it looks good, but once it's in the tank its seem kind of high....CRAP!!!!!

It took me and the boss lady to put it inside and I don't think she wants to help again with it...(jealous) lol

Its a lot of work getting it inside, maybe I have to drain it and work on it inside the tank but its hard such a small space... Or just leave it be...

20190621_072732.jpg

chefjpaul

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I think that I totally mess up with this one guys and I don't know if I want to fix it or how. What do you guys think??? When I laid it outside of the tank it looks good, but once it's in the tank its seem kind of high....CRAP!!!!!

It took me and the boss lady to put it inside and I don't think she wants to help again with it...(jealous) lol

Its a lot of work getting it inside, maybe I have to drain it and work on it inside the tank but its hard such a small space... Or just leave it be...

20190621_072732.jpg
Looks great, but I did the same thing and let it ride for a year. Just swapped out the aquascape as the light spread and balance was horrible. Coral burning at top and little par at bottom.

Can you take out and saw the bottom flat?
I understand not wanting to take it out.

Pntbll687

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The only thing I would switch is have the tower part in the back left of the tank with the arm coming across the middle. Where you have it, it makes it look like a much bigger structure because it blends into the overflow box and they kinda become one big structure.

I think switching the position of the tower would also give the appearance of more swimming and negative space, thus making the tank look "bigger".

But, at least you have the chance to change it now to what you like. It's hard to change things once everything is stocked.

OP
OP
TonyNguyen

TonyNguyen

Unkown
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks great, but I did the same thing and let it ride for a year. Just swapped out the aquascape as the light spread and balance was horrible. Coral burning at top and little par at bottom.

Can you take out and saw the bottom flat?
I understand not wanting to take it out.
Its gonna take a lot of work to saw it and not breaking the other rocks..Maybe I'll let it ride then swap out rock work later down the road. Man this sucks...

I think it looks great. Just keep the acropora trimmed up and it will look great.

Thanks, it would be considered for now... My first big bump

I kinda agree that it looks a little too tall....

Yeah lesson to learn, things don't look the same once inside the tank..

OP
OP
TonyNguyen

TonyNguyen

Unkown
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The only thing I would switch is have the tower part in the back left of the tank with the arm coming across the middle. Where you have it, it makes it look like a much bigger structure because it blends into the overflow box and they kinda become one big structure.

I think switching the position of the tower would also give the appearance of more swimming and negative space, thus making the tank look "bigger".

But, at least you have the chance to change it now to what you like. It's hard to change things once everything is stocked.

I guess if I decide to drain the tank it is possible to do rather quickly to have that in the middle also. Thanks for the feedback

Jcat2k

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

20190621_072732.jpg
Thats a wild rock!

OP
OP
TonyNguyen

TonyNguyen

Unkown
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
20190621_173913.jpg
so here is what I have in mind, I'm going to drain the tank and attempt to curve the first bridge downward and lift the 2nd bridge upwards. Also twist the whole structure closer toward the back of the glass. This should take a few hours and it won't need any assistance of taking it out and putting back in.. I'll keep you guys posted

Looking back to your reefing roots: Did you start with Instant Ocean salt?

• I started with Instant Ocean salt.

Votes: 161 73.9%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt, but I have used it at some point.

Votes: 17 7.8%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt and have not used it.

Votes: 36 16.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 1.8%
Back