Too much filteration?

cougarxr7

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i have a Red Sea 350 with filter socks, protein skimmer, algae scrubber, gfo reactor, at what point do I remove or tuen off any of the equipment, and which one would you turn off?

20190522_210234.jpg

Auquanut

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I personally turn off the GFO reactor unless your phosphates are high. Seems like it would inhibit the growth of algae in your scrubber. You'll want to maintain detectable levels of phosphates anyway.

OP
OP
cougarxr7

cougarxr7

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I personally turn off the GFO reactor unless your phosphates are high. Seems like it would inhibit the growth of algae in your scrubber. You'll want to maintain detectable levels of phosphates anyway.
I've only have the tank running for year trying to learn how to maintain it my phosphates are at 0.052ppm

Mastiffsrule

Where ever you go, there you are, so be nice 2 you
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Totally ^^

You can run too much/ type of filtration to the point they compete against each other and become less efficient. That said, if you’re a year in and everything is running good I may leave well enough alone. Other than that does look like a lot of maintenance

Pntbll687

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We're you having issues with phosphate and added the gfo? If not, then you could probably ditch that first.

I try to keep things simple. Socks, skimmer, bio media. Nothing too complicated.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 24 29.6%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 30 37.0%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 21 25.9%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 5 6.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.2%
Back