Too much flow? Biocube 14

  • Thread starter Thread starter k_dog345
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

k_dog345

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Dec 15, 2015
Messages
124
Reaction score
37
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have two power heads in my tank (biocube 14) Most corals seem to be happy from what I see. But just curious how many power heads people generally put in a biocube of my size and if I can increase the potential of coral growth of I were to turn one off. Here's a vid:


Thanks!
 
Like pondman said, your corals will let you know if their getting too much flow. Main thing is not place corals directly in the water stream. I'm of the thinking that you can't have too much unless your corals are telling you different. I have 2x MP10WQDs, XF130 and DCT400 return on a 70 total gallon system. My corals love it:)
 
I had all sps in my biocube 14 (with LED retrofit) and used a mp10 80% on reef crest along with the little retun pump. As others have said corals tell you - in general I am a fan of flow. Even on my mixed reef 120 I have over 100x turnover. That is without substrate though.
 
Well I think my flow is mostly good. Thanks for advice. I adjusted a tad to make the rest of my corals happy. Seems that all are doing great!
 
I upgraded my return pump, to a mj900, to increase flow without having 2 powerheads. Helped to reduce equipment in the tank.
Though I am currently back to the stock pump, my mj900 gave out but will be replaced soon..
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 2 3.6%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 16 28.6%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 18 32.1%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 6 10.7%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 1.8%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 3 5.4%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 7 12.5%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 5.4%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new