Too much flow for torch?

  • Thread starter Thread starter fourty9
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

fourty9

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 2, 2023
Messages
11
Reaction score
5
Location
California
What state or country do you live in
California
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all, first time torch owner here. I put the frag in the tank earlier today and was wondering if this was too much flow for it? This video was taken after lights go off for the night. Thanks in advance for the help!

 
Looks pretty good. If anything, can you slow the pulses down just a bit? Same intensity, but more of a sway.
Yeah. I was kinda thinking the same. Feels like sometimes the torch will just get blasted cause of a switch in flow/pulse. I have my gyre pump set to random mode, so sometimes I think it suffers from that. If it looks like it will become more of a problem, maybe I'll try to create my own pattern.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 6 4.3%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 26 18.7%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 47 33.8%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 20 14.4%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 6.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new