Too much flow for Wilsoni?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Zero_Cool
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Zero_Cool

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 18, 2022
Messages
5,249
Reaction score
10,169
Location
Memphis
What state or country do you live in
Tennessee
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Had this waiting at the LFS for a while and just added last night. Wondering is there is too much flow coming across from the left?

 
I would like to know also. Nursing one back to health as well.
 
I looked at the video and I don't see any flow which makes me think you might need more. I can't say you do, because I can't see what you have but I don't think it is too much. The coral looks inflated vs. flattened or closed up what happens when a storm blows through with strong currents. HTH.
 
Inflated is good then. Just need enough to keep any detritus from sticking.

Was concerned as the left side is not as "pufy" as the right but that is also the side the LFS had towards the back in there display.
 
That actually looks like a Trachyphyllia, not an Australophyllia wilsoni.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 6 24.0%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 13 52.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 3 12.0%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 8 32.0%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 3 12.0%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 12 48.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 7 28.0%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 4 16.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new