Too Much Flow?

  • Thread starter Thread starter badd
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

badd

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 4, 2016
Messages
235
Reaction score
273
Location
Belpre, Ohio
What state or country do you live in
Ohio
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am sure this has been discussed 1000's of times ...So lets do it again..
Do you guys/gals think maybe I have too much flow?
46 bf with 2 1375 gph powerheads... just seems no matter where I point them..it is like a hurricane in the tank.. 1 on each end pointed at each other.. tried point to front wall..tried back wall.. LOL tried front wall with one...and back wall with other.. that was like a underwater tornado...
Using one don't seem like enough.. but I really don't know.. heck.. both of them might be just fine..
Just seems like a lot.. with both on.. it forces the fishies to seek the lowest flow area..
if i turn the powerheads off.. all the fishies swim the whole tank.. thru rocks and things..
I have live rock and CC.. pic shows how rock is set..
Do you think I need more rock? to slow flow down?
Change out one powerhead for a smaller gph unit?
I have pretty much answered my own question. just need second/third opinion lol..

IMG_20160506_154057.jpg
 
Actually I really like your scape. And yes it's too much. I'd reccomend keeping one and getting a variable on the otherside. Where the two streams meet it creates a nice turbulance. There's a random setting on the jebao so to flow let the turbulent area travel.
If the heads are new btw they will slow down pretty soon too. You can put sponge floss etc on the heads to restrict the flow as well and take it off when they break in.
 
Ok I put some panty hose on the power heads for now.. it slowed flow down pretty nice.. my fishies dont hide now... even my long polyp toadstool..is open more then I have ever seen.. Just amazing the stuff the panty hose catches.. so this will only be temp fix.. but the effects are perfect.
 

WHAT CHANGED THE MOST IN A FISH AS IT MATURED IN YOUR REEF?

  • Size or body shape

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Color or pattern

    Votes: 3 50.0%
  • Personality or confidence

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Aggression or territorial behavior

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Feeding habits

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Social behavior or bonding

    Votes: 3 50.0%
  • It really hasn’t changed much

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Something else (Tell us what I didn't think of)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new