Too much light?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Scottm032
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Scottm032

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 1, 2019
Messages
46
Reaction score
45
Location
Ormond Beach
What state or country do you live in
Florida
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I recently added 3 XR30 G6 Blue to my Reefer 750 XXL, 2X2X6 dimension. My par is over 500 at the top at 60%. What are other you guys running on this size tank? I am considering selling one of the Radions. I think that would be plenty of par and to add a set of 48 inch strip lights should effectively take care of any shadowing.

Any experience or opinions appreciated.
 
Dont sell - run them at lower intensity. They will last way longer if run at lower intensity.

also if you have more of them - the light spread is better.
 
Dont sell - run them at lower intensity. They will last way longer if run at lower intensity.

also if you have more of them - the light spread is better.
I think you're right! Thanks for the input.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 3 21.4%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 6 42.9%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 4 28.6%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 2 14.3%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 7 50.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 5 35.7%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 2 14.3%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new