Tool needed

MixedFruitBasket

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have no idea if such a tool exists, but figured if there was one, someone might know what it would be called and where to find it.

So here's my situation.
I have a collection of baby corals growing in my overflow that I need to harvest. However the overflow wasn't very well thought out part of the euro-bracing covers about 1/2 of it. The rest is an exceedingly tight fit. Trying to pull out any pipes would be a nightmare and I might not be able to get them back in so that's not an option. What I need is some type of forceps, that has an adjustable elbow plus a bend. Or something that has a gripping mechanism (very small mind you) on a posable extender. It needs to be able to curve or be angled, even more than once, in different directions depending on how I need to position the pinchers.
Curved forceps and tweezers only have one bend. In many situations I need two because I'm limited by how far I can move.
These corals are pretty small, and the space very tight. I've tried scraping them off and catching them in a filter sock, which sorta worked, but the ones that are in there now are in an area I can't reach with my scraper. I even tried lassoing them with thread. I was able to get about 5-6 of them, but also broke a few off leaving behind half that are now too short for me to get to.

Anyhow. Suggestions appreciated. Thanks so much.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Medical supply stores should have this
Curved firceps and alligator ear forceps

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 84 87.5%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 6.3%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 3 3.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 3.1%
Back