9F2DE770-6023-400E-BCB4-C1444DCD1F82.jpeg

Hi, how big is your tank?

AZMSGT

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I like these three, Clementine on the left, WWC Purple Monsters in middle and Bam Bam on the right. These might look familiar.. LOL

I would just put clementines and bam bams on different rocks.

7CA181F3-C488-4219-9C26-78CD851C3C9A.jpeg

vabben

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
JPS Mystiques Zoanthids
1612510365437.png

WWC Sweet Tooths Zoanthids
1612510379025.png

Circus Zoanthids
1612510390371.png

WWC AOIs Zoanthids
1612510406566.png

Spongebobs Zoanthids
1612510418654.png

My Clementines Zoanthids
1612510460382.png

LA Lakers Zoanthids (left) Safecrackers Zoanthids (right)
1612510488924.png

KH Sunbursts Zoanthids
1612510504603.png

LA Lakers (again, left) and Fire and Ice (right). Just a photo to show how great they look next to each other.
1612510535783.png

CC Starfighters Zoanthids
1612510556301.png

There's definitely a lot more I probably have photos of, but these are just a few I dug up from the Flickr account. Hopefully this will give you some ideas and inspiration for that area of your reef tank!
Dang Legendary Corals with the heaters! I've been holding off buying zoas until a local frag swap, I may have to scrap that idea and buy some from you!

AZMSGT

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bill, take a look at this post too. It might be useful.

Rtorres508

Reefer 250
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Started a tree about a year ago, but forgot to take pictures along the way smh. It’s getting there though:)

Attachments

• 23AA65C8-2464-4D59-B1E2-BA85A997C90F.jpeg
    23AA65C8-2464-4D59-B1E2-BA85A997C90F.jpeg
    220.8 KB · Views: 129
  • 10117718-BE65-40B0-BE35-60004947474A.jpeg
    10117718-BE65-40B0-BE35-60004947474A.jpeg
    204 KB · Views: 141

PicassoClown04

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Depending on the size of the rocks and number of varieties you want to have, I can suggest a LOT of different varieties for you. I'll keep budget in mind, 99% of the frags I'm going to suggest will be under $150 for a couple polyps and I wont suggest anything bigger than your average zoa! I think all of thse will also grow well together as a garden, Ill make a note of any that are a little faster growing but none will be invasively fast or weedy.

Eagle Eyes- very cheap, bright, and TINY! A little faster growing but given their diminutive size, its usually okay
eagle eye.jpg

CK Bitcoin- Pretty cheap and available, also yellow but it has some rainbow hues. Normal size
bitcoin.jpg

Chucky's Bride- A little more expensive (around $80 usually) but a very pretty bright pink and yellow zoa. Average size
Chuckys Bride.jpg

Bubblicious- Chucky's Bride not quite right? Try Bubblicious! The pink is a little deeper and the separation between the yellow mouth and pink outer ring by the dark purple/black makes for stunning contrast, especially in a colony setting

Bubblicious.jpg

Evil Eye (zoanthids.com)- Not many of these available on the hobbyist market yet but they are a stunning shade of orange! Normal size zoa

Evil Eye.jpg

Bowser- normal size and a gorgeous red-dominant rainbow! If you want a cheaper alternative, candy apple reds look similar
Bowser.jpg

Daisy Cutter- Also known as JF Star Gazers or Pinwheels, every zoa garden needs a good pop of blue! The white on these bad boys also shines under blue lighting and theyre pretty accessible and cheap these days. A little bit of a faster grower.

Daisy Cutter.jpg

Queen Strat- A beautiful light olive color under the right conditions and they're a little smaller than the average zoa. I love these guys!
1612554755637.png

Darth Maul- Can be substituted for nightmares or illuminati. Black background with a TON of red speckling throughout. Adds beautiful movement and price differs based on what variety you buy but they all look pretty much the same especially in a garden setting
1612555115520.png

Rose Nebula- You gotta have your magenta/pink to round out your garden! These are a great option due to their speckling and wide availability.
Rose Nebula.jpg

Purple Nebula- If the Rose Nebula didnt scratch that itch for some purple then these sure will! Seller on here Mateusz has these guys for a very nice price and even though theyre a little bigger than average, not even WWC's purple monsters can touch these guys!
1612555449841.png

Lilac Wine- And finally, if you really like pink and red together, these guys take the cake for me! Along with their gorgous seafoam green/ teal skirt these make a gorgeous addition to any zoa garden and their unique coloration means that they will look good next to just about every zoa out there! I especially like them near Queen Strats and Chucky's Bride/ Bubblicious. Pic by Mateusz
1612555559701.png

I think I covered pretty much all of the major color groups here. If you have a favorite color you really want to fous on (either because you just like it, it makes your sps pop, or it looks the best under your lighting) please just respond to this post so I see it and I'm happy to suggest more! I think all of these would look very nice together in a zoa garden and I made sure to include very busy ones and plainer ones so your eyes dont have a heart attack. Happy reefing and your garden is gonna be the talk of the forum!

vanpire

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Depending on the size of the rocks and number of varieties you want to have, I can suggest a LOT of different varieties for you. I'll keep budget in mind, 99% of the frags I'm going to suggest will be under $150 for a couple polyps and I wont suggest anything bigger than your average zoa! I think all of thse will also grow well together as a garden, Ill make a note of any that are a little faster growing but none will be invasively fast or weedy.

Eagle Eyes- very cheap, bright, and TINY! A little faster growing but given their diminutive size, its usually okay
eagle eye.jpg

CK Bitcoin- Pretty cheap and available, also yellow but it has some rainbow hues. Normal size
bitcoin.jpg

Chucky's Bride- A little more expensive (around $80 usually) but a very pretty bright pink and yellow zoa. Average size
Chuckys Bride.jpg

Bubblicious- Chucky's Bride not quite right? Try Bubblicious! The pink is a little deeper and the separation between the yellow mouth and pink outer ring by the dark purple/black makes for stunning contrast, especially in a colony setting

Bubblicious.jpg

Evil Eye (zoanthids.com)- Not many of these available on the hobbyist market yet but they are a stunning shade of orange! Normal size zoa

Evil Eye.jpg

Bowser- normal size and a gorgeous red-dominant rainbow! If you want a cheaper alternative, candy apple reds look similar
Bowser.jpg

Daisy Cutter- Also known as JF Star Gazers or Pinwheels, every zoa garden needs a good pop of blue! The white on these bad boys also shines under blue lighting and theyre pretty accessible and cheap these days. A little bit of a faster grower.

Daisy Cutter.jpg

Queen Strat- A beautiful light olive color under the right conditions and they're a little smaller than the average zoa. I love these guys!
1612554755637.png

Darth Maul- Can be substituted for nightmares or illuminati. Black background with a TON of red speckling throughout. Adds beautiful movement and price differs based on what variety you buy but they all look pretty much the same especially in a garden setting
1612555115520.png

Rose Nebula- You gotta have your magenta/pink to round out your garden! These are a great option due to their speckling and wide availability.
Rose Nebula.jpg

Purple Nebula- If the Rose Nebula didnt scratch that itch for some purple then these sure will! Seller on here Mateusz has these guys for a very nice price and even though theyre a little bigger than average, not even WWC's purple monsters can touch these guys!
1612555449841.png

Lilac Wine- And finally, if you really like pink and red together, these guys take the cake for me! Along with their gorgous seafoam green/ teal skirt these make a gorgeous addition to any zoa garden and their unique coloration means that they will look good next to just about every zoa out there! I especially like them near Queen Strats and Chucky's Bride/ Bubblicious. Pic by Mateusz
1612555559701.png

I think I covered pretty much all of the major color groups here. If you have a favorite color you really want to fous on (either because you just like it, it makes your sps pop, or it looks the best under your lighting) please just respond to this post so I see it and I'm happy to suggest more! I think all of these would look very nice together in a zoa garden and I made sure to include very busy ones and plainer ones so your eyes dont have a heart attack. Happy reefing and your garden is gonna be the talk of the forum!
Great post. I love the evil eyes zoanthids.

elysics

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can't believe noone has mentioned Mind Tricks yet, I absolutely love the combination of dark purple, green and vibrant pink and yellow
IMG_20210216_204218.jpg

I really like the Pacman zoas too with their different morphs on the same rock
IMG_20210216_204254.jpg

ireefnaked

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Some of mine are:

Grim Reapers
Exosphere
Stratosphere
Bozo Bday
Fairty Farts
Rainbow Rhinos
Stiggy Marleys
Death Star
LSOH
RTA alcatraz

some other favs are :

Rainbow Eclipse
Illuminati
nightmares
Tasers
Mind Tricks
Bowser
Panama Blues
Adonis Mauls
VDM
RR space chaos
Pink Diamonds
Speckled Kraks

Last edited:

ReeferBean

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can’t have a top ten without little shop of horrors. Just got some but they are so dang small and I put them a little bit back and can’t get a picture to save my life. So pretty though they glow. Hopefully they get bigger. Reef roids do your thing!
LSOH are a small polyp variety. Not the tiniest I've ever seen but they stay small.

Waynerock

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
LSOH are a small polyp variety. Not the tiniest I've ever seen but they stay small.
no kidding! I thought I was doing something wrong because they where so small. That is one coral I really wanted to see without a magnifying glass but oh well i guess. Maybe when they start to spread and there are 30 on the plug they will make one big looking polyp to enjoy. Seriously though I did not pay for these and If I did I would be ticked, there is just a little ring of glowing yellow and green until you get super close. They are super bright though

Back