Top Down Pics

  • Thread starter Thread starter stylaster
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
Me likey!!! I also like those Cloves!!!! Hint Hint LOL!!! You have some sweet corals and your pic's are excellent too!

That is Roys chalice it's got a cool yellow rim to it. The other is a no namer, but one of my favs, got a cool name for it???? Can't go wrong with the blue rim, yellow eyes and pinkish base colors
 
Last edited:
These shots are truly amazing Stylaster!! What camera body & lens are you using? I can never get clear top-down shots...my shaky hands give everything motion blur.
 
Thanks guys! I am using a canon rebel xs with 18-55 mm lens. For the top down pics i didnt turn off the flow i used a photobox and stuck that in the water and shot through it. Works pretty well. I dont have the steadiest hands in the world, so i set ISO up to 800 and then usually take 3-4 pics of each scene in RAW format and then during post processing pick the clearest one. Sometimes i never get a nice clear pic and will have to go back and try try again ;)
 
Now for some SPS corals. I dont have much in the way of them but here are a few, along with an orange crush acanthastrea
acan.jpg

garf.jpg

lep.jpg

monti1.jpg

monti2.jpg

psam.jpg

redp.jpg

sunset.jpg
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 3 42.9%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 2 28.6%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 1 14.3%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 14.3%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new