Top Off storage chest

DcoarM

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
20200524_155722.jpg
20200524_155736.jpg

Since moving into a new home my wife has been very particular on what can be out in the living room. Told me no biocube, I said no problem got the red sea 40g. It has been annoying because the tank only has a 3g topoff under the tank and I have been trying to find a way to add a larger tank.

We are going on vacation in 2 weeks and I explained to her we need a bigger tank for when we are gone. She said find a why to hide it. I looked and looked online, but everything I found was $200 plus and wouldn't fit in my space. Built this to hide the bucket.

Would like to add some trim around it to make it nicer... would love others opinions.

SandJ

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would add a cushion on top and make a sitting area (if it can hold weight, it looks very sturdy).
If there is room on the other side, you can add one there also for supplies and give it some symmetry.

Michael Lane

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't think I would add any trim to it. The tank stand does not have any trim and the current style seems to match it. I agree that adding a cushion could be nice.

The only changes I would consider would be attempting to match the texture and finish on the stand, and maybe adding feet to make everything consistent.

All in all, I think it looks great, as is!

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 53 39.8%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 28 21.1%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 48 36.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.0%
Back