Top Shelf Aquatics $10,000 for 10,000 Giveaway! 10 WINNERS! $10,000+ in Prizes!

Pvtgloss

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
This was a really great video and I agree doing the same thing with wrasses would be worth watching.
YES!! Wrasses next! I how he keeps going with all the favorite aquarium fish. Taras does a really good job.

Vikora

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
DAILY VIDEO TALK BONUS!

Check out and discuss the video: Talking Fish: Tang Tribes, Getting To Know Them Better!

What is something that interested you in this video? Did you learn something new? Share in a comment in this thread! (We would also love for you to leave comments on the YouTube video page, but this isn't required for the bonus entry.)

Daily video entry: I love tangs and will one day have a tank big enough to house a couple. Until then seeing them in the wild and other reef tanks is enough. Would love to see the unicorn tang highlighted with a large matured "horn". They always fascinated me and to what the "horn" evolution is used for.

TopShelfAquatics

Follow us on Instagram @topshelfaquatics
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
DAILY VIDEO TALK BONUS!

Check out and discuss the video: GORGEOUS 180 Gallon Reef Tank! Filled With HUNDREDS of Corals!

What is something that interested you in this video? Did you learn something new? Share in a comment in this thread! (We would also love for you to leave comments on the YouTube video page, but this isn't required for the bonus entry.)

tbrown

Nominated Cronie Intern - Might be failing?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
DAILY VIDEO TALK BONUS!

Check out and discuss the video: GORGEOUS 180 Gallon Reef Tank! Filled With HUNDREDS of Corals!

Those torches and the Micromussa Garden are my favorite!

JdubC

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
DAILY VIDEO TALK BONUS!

Wow! I thought I had settled on my aquascape and this just opened a whole new world. Need to play with this design in a 48x20x20 and see if it would work.

I was already thinking about coral gardens on the substrate, but was leaning toward zoas and using reactor media instead of sand. But the look of the scoly’s, etc. in there is fire.

Last edited:

LiveTinyDieNever99

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
DAILY VIDEO TALK BONUS!

That is a ton of zoa's! You can't even see the rock...

Jermaine05

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
DAILY VIDEO TALK BONUS!

Interesting that he stuck to small slow moving fish. Not a tang in sight.

VaultDweller

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
DAILY VIDEO TALK BONUS!

Really amazing color. The light balance doesn't seem like he is blasting everything in blue constantly.

MountainViewDew

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
DAILY VIDEO TALK BONUS!

Yeah running UV has saved my fish from ich as well

AquaTeen

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
DAILY VIDEO TALK BONUS!

Funny that the 3 issues he had are probably the most common issues people run into

WombatsStaySafe

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
DAILY VIDEO TALK BONUS!

I see coral growing in the back of his rock as well. Wish he had done this setup as a peninsula just to see what that would look like.

Bipolarbear

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
DAILY VIDEO TALK BONUS!

Love that scoly garden and the entire tank looks fantastic

apop133

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
DAILY VIDEO TALK BONUS!

Just saw the video on insta about getting the flame out of the tank what a process. Really cool seeing how the aquascape was being set up.

Looking back to your reefing roots: Did you start with Instant Ocean salt?

• I started with Instant Ocean salt.

Votes: 172 72.6%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt, but I have used it at some point.

Votes: 17 7.2%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt and have not used it.

Votes: 42 17.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 2.5%
Back