Torch bailouts. Need help.

Dburr1014

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone. I’ve been losing torch heads in my 32 gallon Biocube. In the past couple weeks I’ve lost three heads. But overall Euphylliaa is not lookin happy. I have an octo spawn not extending. My current parameters are.
Salinity: 1.025
NO3: 1.3
PO4: .27
Alk: 8.2
Cal: 425
Mag: 1420

Currently I am feeding fish Mysis and feeding corals twice a week with benereef. I have been manually dosing All for reef 5 ml a day. I typically am seeing an alk daily consumption of .7ppm. I am running gfo for high PO4. Looking for some advice on how to stop the bailouts. My tank was much dirtier and they looked happier.
How far did the PO4 jump?

If it were my tank;
I'd stop feeding the coral, it's raising the PO4 more than you want. Feed the fish, the fish will feed the coral.
Alk of 8dkh is where I run mine. I think it's a sweet spot. You have room up or down if things go sideways.
Low NO3 again, IMO, not a problem. Mine has been testing 0 for months now, nothing has died. But, I do dose ammonia. If you feed your fish your feeding the coral.
After all that I said, don't let things keep swinging. Why did you drop NO3? how fast did PO4 raise up to that number?
The tank is a little warmer, is that a problem? Probably not.
Mag is low, these LPS like mag. I run 1400+

I do not know much about BJD, never experienced it. I do know there is a dip that can help that. I'm sure someone here can help you with that.

I do agree with @Uncle99, that coral is to close and could have done the damage.

Last edited:

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 14 33.3%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 17 40.5%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 8 19.0%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 2 4.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 2.4%
Back