Torch brown jelly disease?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Lynnds6
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Lynnds6

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Dec 17, 2018
Messages
64
Reaction score
18
What state or country do you live in
Florida
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi! So I've had this dragon soul torch for a few weeks now and it's been doing really well. When I got home from work however it had retracted. I question if this is brown jelly starting at its base (above the split )? I pellet fed it and changed the water and the torch seems to have expanded again but I'm still nervous. If it is brown jelly how do you recommend treating it? I've heard of using lugols don't know how to mix or dip it. Thanks for your help!

20190312_075812.jpg


20190312_075741.jpg
 
Can’t really tell by the picture but that looks like a new head coming in, that brown jelly disease happens on the head it self, the tentacles turn brownish/jelly looking so if you had it you would 100% see it
 
Looks like a baby head to me too. I don't see anything resembling brown jelly. I just lost a nearly 3 year old duncam to brown jelly, tried to frag it to save it but made a mess out of it :(

Here it is before I pulled it out of the tank. Notice the slimy brown on about 1/2 the heads ( and the clownfish that irritated the poor coral to death :( )
65715df7a46b21e6e7fab1bc49ff0354.jpg
7b21bbd73faaeef042e604a034c0e94f.jpg
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT CHANGED THE MOST IN A FISH AS IT MATURED IN YOUR REEF?

  • Size or body shape

    Votes: 5 21.7%
  • Color or pattern

    Votes: 3 13.0%
  • Personality or confidence

    Votes: 2 8.7%
  • Aggression or territorial behavior

    Votes: 6 26.1%
  • Feeding habits

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Social behavior or bonding

    Votes: 5 21.7%
  • It really hasn’t changed much

    Votes: 1 4.3%
  • Something else (Tell us what I didn't think of)

    Votes: 1 4.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new