Torch Coral Burn?

  • Thread starter Thread starter DxSOR25
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

DxSOR25

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Dec 23, 2010
Messages
218
Reaction score
72
Location
NJ
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My clownfish recently has little brown spots on his body. I don’t believe they are any type of parasite but rather coral burn from the torch in my tank. The torch isn’t quite hosting the clown yet but the clownfish is has recently started to take a liking to it and that’s when the spots showed up. What are your thoughts?

86CF5CFB-5F5D-4628-B3F5-DA1374DF13B3.png
 
After a quick search, it appears this is common for clowns that try to use an LPS as a host.
i agree I’ve just never seen it in one of my clowns and want to see if people agree it looks like little coral burns rather than a parasite
This is common phenomenon in clowns. Let me see if I can find a link.
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sou...UQFnoECD0QAQ&usg=AOvVaw3g4Ypw_qxamHClwRv4G6ro
So you would agree it’s what it looks like right?
 
Probably coral burn, but if it were a parasite it might be black ich. It really doesn't look like black ich to me and the timing also points towards the torch.
 
Probably coral burn, but if it were a parasite it might be black ich. It really doesn't look like black ich to me and the timing also points towards the torch.
Yes it still eats like a pig and when I walk in comes right to me. But this past weekend it started chillen with the torch. So that’s what’s I’m figuring.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT CHANGED THE MOST IN A FISH AS IT MATURED IN YOUR REEF?

  • Size or body shape

    Votes: 3 21.4%
  • Color or pattern

    Votes: 3 21.4%
  • Personality or confidence

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Aggression or territorial behavior

    Votes: 4 28.6%
  • Feeding habits

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Social behavior or bonding

    Votes: 4 28.6%
  • It really hasn’t changed much

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Something else (Tell us what I didn't think of)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new