Torch coral - first time questions

  • Thread starter Thread starter Scope
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Scope

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 7, 2026
Messages
70
Reaction score
19
Location
Poland
What state or country do you live in
Other International
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey all. It's my first torch and I wanted to ask some questions. Is it normal for the tentacles to be so swollen near the base?

Secondly, is it not getting too much flow?

Towards the end of the photoperiod one of the heads shrivels up and opens back up again. They alternate like that from day to day, is it normal? Thought they should extend even more at night...
 
Watching the video your torch looks normal and healthy to me. They generally fluctuate in .. inflatedness.

Forgot to address the flow. It doesn’t look like too much. Some can take a beating. I’d say flow is totally fine especially with how well suited it looks. I’ve watched this video more times than I should admit; and granted it’s in the wild but some of torches are getting hammered*

 
Last edited:
All of mine extend more during the day light hours. Your torch looks fine in the video. I tend to give mine more flow than most. As long as the flesh isn't ripping from the skeleton and they are extended, I feel they are happy.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 2 4.4%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 1 2.2%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 11 24.4%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 12 26.7%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 7 15.6%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 2 4.4%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 8 17.8%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 2 4.4%

New Posts

Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new