Torch coral help

VintageReefer

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No I got it today

That might be their policy but they make the policy and they can break the policy. It’s their choice. First off, ask for a manager. Tell them they sold you an unhealthy torch coral for over 100$ and it has little to no flesh band and you wouldn’t have bought it had you realized this. Say something like Maybe they didn’t realize it and do it intentionally, but you didn’t realize it either, and the torch is going to need time and conditions to recover and you arent prepared for a coral in this condition.

Ask them politely for the ability to exchange it or for credit for future purchase

OP
OP
N

naybedg

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can you post a pic closer like this?
It didn’t matter if it closes it actually makes it easier to see and photograph

Then put It back
Yes I will reply back with a closer picture I’m feeding my daughter right now once she is done I willReply back with a better picture

OP
OP
N

naybedg

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can you post a pic closer like this?
It didn’t matter if it closes it actually makes it easier to see and photograph

Then put It back
Here are the up close pictures

Attachments

• IMG_3325.jpeg
    IMG_3325.jpeg
    194.4 KB · Views: 59
  • IMG_3327.jpeg
    IMG_3327.jpeg
    153.5 KB · Views: 55
  • IMG_3328.jpeg
    IMG_3328.jpeg
    148.3 KB · Views: 58
  • IMG_3329.jpeg
    IMG_3329.jpeg
    152 KB · Views: 55
  • IMG_3330.jpeg
    IMG_3330.jpeg
    159.9 KB · Views: 53
  • IMG_3331.jpeg
    IMG_3331.jpeg
    160.9 KB · Views: 51
  • IMG_3332.jpeg
    IMG_3332.jpeg
    166.4 KB · Views: 57
  • IMG_3333.jpeg
    IMG_3333.jpeg
    175.9 KB · Views: 62
  • IMG_3334.jpeg
    IMG_3334.jpeg
    179.6 KB · Views: 61
OP
OP
N

naybedg

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You should let us know what the parameters are in your tank so we can at least tell you if you're going in the right direction.
You should let us know what the parameters are in your tank so we can at least tell you if you're going in the right direction.
tomorrow I will have to get a test kit

CrimsonTide

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's fine. If you end up keeping the coral you will just want to make sure you can keep the right parameters for awhile to hopefully make the torch better. So you'll need to test your parameters and post them here or at least know them so you can correct anything if you need and keep it stable for awhile. Realistically always stable bit definitely for awhile to heal the coral.

CrimsonTide

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The temperature is great, no bad bacteria, etc. and even all fish and my other coral is doing great.
Yeah. Healthy corals can take some swings but if you end up keeping the torch you'll want to know everything so you can make sure it is all actually within parameters and hold to the right parameters to make sure that coral gets its nest chance to survive. If it does it is going to be a pretty coral. I love Euphyllia. I can't help it. I got a 6 head of frogspawn yesterday just because someone else didn't have room anymore I their tank. If I keep doing that I'll need more tanks.

JAS927

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's fine. If you end up keeping the coral you will just want to make sure you can keep the right parameters for awhile to hopefully make the torch better. So you'll need to test your parameters and post them here or at least know them so you can correct anything if you need and keep it stable for awhile. Realistically always stable bit definitely for awhile to heal the coral.
Your tank doesn’t appear to be very old. How long have you had it set up for? Stability will be important if you’re going to be keeping these corals and attempting to let them recover. The duncan isn’t looking too hot either.

CrimsonTide

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Your tank doesn’t appear to be very old. How long have you had it set up for? Stability will be important if you’re going to be keeping these corals and attempting to let them recover. The duncan isn’t looking too hot either.
I'm not sure if your were quoting me to agree or didn't mean to but it is not my tank. But I do agree the tank looks young which is why I was asking them for parameters bc like you said stability will be important.

OP
OP
N

naybedg

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve had it for a month now and and I’ve even sent pictures to where I even bought my first three corals the only thing is that it’s 40 min to an hour away because it’s the best reef aquarium that I know.

OP
OP
N

naybedg

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Cool that's what I thought. I was like hmm not my tank but I think they're in agreement!!! Yeah stability is key with sick corals.
Yes stability is key and I’ve even checked and double checked everything and all other fish are thriving and all the other corals because I bought the torch coral along with the Duncan but at this point can anyone tell me what I can buy like food or anything g to help the torch and Duncan? So I can go tomorrow morning to my local petco to find some things

CrimsonTide

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes stability is key and I’ve even checked and double checked everything and all other fish are thriving and all the other corals because I bought the torch coral along with the Duncan but at this point can anyone tell me what I can buy like food or anything g to help the torch and Duncan? So I can go tomorrow morning to my local petco to find some things
I'm not sure what foods they have at your local petco. I usually feed my lps mysis/krill, fish pellet food, or reef roids(which is a powdered food). You can also feed the Duncan's whatever you feed the torch. Hopefully someone else can give us an idea of what they sell at petco besides probably lysis that would work. But mysis would probably work fine as well.

OP
OP
N

naybedg

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm not sure what foods they have at your local petco. I usually feed my lps mysis/krill, fish pellet food, or reef roids(which is a powdered food). You can also feed the Duncan's whatever you feed the torch. Hopefully someone else can give us an idea of what they sell at petco besides probably lysis that would work. But mysis would probably work fine as well.
Ok great I will get that and reef roids

CrimsonTide

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok great I will get that and reef roids
You can put the powdered stuff mixed with water in a pipette and target feed them. Just turn off the pumps so the food doesn't blow around everywhere. Hammers and frogspawns will also eat it no problems. Most lps love it. It will however raise your nitrates if you use too much which is why I said just target feed the reef roids.

Brucemull

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Most Petco s have a frozen section with a variety of foods! Call before going an hopefully you'll get a knowledgeable person to point out what you need.

jmoney7

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i bought this black with orange tip torch coral and it has this little tentical like thing on it or a tiny tiny starfish kind that is in between the two heads but I don’t n ow what it really is and if anyone can help me out and help me find out what it is and if I should remove it immediately or if it could damage the torch coral.

IMG_3324.jpeg IMG_3325.jpeg
Occasionally my torches will close up like that when lights go off but have never been like that with lights on. Could also be adjusting to the new tank conditions being so new. What are your params?

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 32 15.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 5.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 26 12.9%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 118 58.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 13 6.5%
Back