Torch Coral Help

Michael's Marine Park

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 10, 2022
Messages
32
Reaction score
6
Location
New York
What state or country do you live in
New York
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everyone. I purchased a torch coral about 5-6 weeks ago and had it at the top of my tank for 4 weeks - I think my lighting was too strong (started looking translucent) so I moved it to the sand bed last week and adjusted my lighting, but now it’s appearing to turn inside out and the tentacles are retracted. All of my water parameters have been stable and in-line so I’m not sure what the cause could be. I’ve been feeding reef rods 1x / weeks. My Duncan, Zoas, and other corals are doing well. Any suggestions? I’ve attached photos of the torch this morning.

DC33AC41-2CE6-4F85-AEEC-075D3C2990FB.jpeg E4248CA2-6D39-434B-95D6-A50DBF7AB7A2.jpeg
 
Please list current parameters and lighting being used. Saying everything is in line gives us nothing to work with and points to no problems existing. Also euphyllia don't like being on the sand.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 3 13.0%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 11 47.8%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 3 13.0%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 1 4.3%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 3 13.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 8.7%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new