Torch Coral Small Holes in Polyps

jordan9095

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Dec 1, 2013
Messages
355
Reaction score
177
Location
Dana Point, CA
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone know what could be causing this on my torch? There are small holes/dimples on most polyps near the base.
IMG_4669.jpeg

IMG_4668.jpeg

I saw this a few weeks ago on what I thought was only a few polyps. They seemed healed and gone a few days later. Today I noticed they are back and most of the polyps have one hole/dimple. The flesh band seems fine/no major issues or recession.

I assume it’s some kind of pest. It’s not from flatworms as far as I can tell but there are some microfauna/sponges on the skeleton. I scraped off some white sponge two weeks ago and it seems to be coming back slowly. I think I’m gunna dip it tomorrow.

Nitrate between 5-10ppm. Phosphate .08.
 
bump anyone know what could cause this? i think it spread to my other torch. doesn't seem to be killing them as they still get decent polyp extension and have good flesh band
 
Any idea what caused this? I noticed it on a torch head of mine today. Coral seems fine but I’d hate to see it go downhill.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 1 5.9%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 4 23.5%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 5 29.4%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 3 17.6%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 4 23.5%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new