Torch lost color

OP
OP

1fastrock

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I will have to check. I have been buying remade reef salt water and rodi water from my local fish store and had them check the water on Friday when I was there to grab water. I have an API reef test kit do you think I should test the premixed salt water that I just got?

Flippers4pups

Fins up since 1993
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I will have to check. I have been buying remade reef salt water and rodi water from my local fish store and had them check the water on Friday when I was there to grab water. I have an API reef test kit do you think I should test the premixed salt water that I just got?

I would for sure. You need to know what your using. Test every pramameter you can.

I know starting out, it's easier to go this route with buying water from the LFS, but it's best down the road to have a RO/DI unit and mix your own saltwater. This way you can control what's in it. Not them.

Not saying they are bad people or would sell you bad water. It's just better to have control.:)

evilchef70

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m with the others. Light intensity caused it to blow its zooxanthellae. Mine did this. Slowly gained its color over a month. But stunted it’s growth. Lower it down and feed it lightly and try to get it in a little shade to heal. Should bounce back.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 53 40.2%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 27 20.5%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 48 36.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.0%
Back