Torch pooping

  • Thread starter Thread starter mpw213
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

mpw213

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 28, 2025
Messages
171
Reaction score
143
Location
Cleveland
What state or country do you live in
Ohio
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Has anyone seen their torch have such a wide mouth/butt? I can see the tentacles from the inside on my banana today through the mouth. I’m not too concerned because it accepted food for the first time yesterday and looked great today until it decided to look like this and poop.


20260101_154937_C31F1507-63D3-4FEC-96D0-34062CB327D4.png
Today
View attachment 20260101_154950_CEA98F5C-C285-43CD-AC86-0426CC48F326.mov
How it normally looks
 
Expelling zooxanthellae.
Makes sense because it came from about 500 par and my system is closer to 150. I also did feed it yesterday. Think it’s a good idea to just slowly turn up my lights? I don’t want to to lose the yellow
 

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 3 4.8%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 5 7.9%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 14 22.2%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 16 25.4%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.6%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 14.3%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 2 3.2%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 8 12.7%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 5 7.9%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new