Torch tentacles fell off, BJD?

ebeltran

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMG_2163.jpeg
Noticed this clump of tentacles falling off my otherwise healthy torch. Am I right to assume brown jelly here?

OP
OP
E

ebeltran

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I ended up pulling that chunk of tentacles hanging by a thread near the bottom of the image off, and it was a chunk of skeleton with some tentacles attached. Not sure why the skeleton is falling apart, nothing has knocked it. Keeping an eye on it for now, open to ideas though.

OP
OP
E

ebeltran

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just ran the numbers and calcium and magnesium are stable but alk dropped almost 2.0 from 9.2 to 7.6. My water in the sump is high, I have a red sea max s with the gravity fed auto top off, i think it must have kicked the bucket and dumped a bunch of RODI into the tank, dropping the alk. Could that really cause a torch to drop a chunk of skeleton like that? Not noticing any other issues at the moment.

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 25 36.2%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 7 10.1%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 22 31.9%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 13 18.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.9%
Back