Torches and UV

If you are successful at keeping torches, do you run UV

  • I do not run UV, and have kept torches for less than a year

    Votes: 5 13.9%
  • I do not run UV, and have kept torches for more than a year

    Votes: 10 27.8%
  • I do run UV, and have kept torches for less than a year

    Votes: 5 13.9%
  • I do run UV, and have kept torches for 1-3 years

    Votes: 7 19.4%
  • I do run UV, and have kept torches for more than 3 years

    Votes: 7 19.4%
  • I don’t keep torches

    Votes: 2 5.6%

  • Total voters
    36
here is my wild Holly grail. I never got a before picture, but this torch, my dragon soul, and Rasta torch were not as full or fat and the flesh bands were when I had low mag. The only thing I changes was mag and it was a complete turn around.
91DB1715-7F6A-4E5C-9D9A-C592C310AD91.jpeg



below photo is a tank that is my inspiration who runs it high as well (not my tank or photo)

39397C1C-1BBA-4E4C-9DAF-30111BAFB8A4.jpeg
Definitely interesting, Magnesium keeps Calcium stable which effects the stability of Kh so you may find you Ca remains more stable due to higher Mag.

I do love the LPS so I may try raise Magnesium at some point in the future and compare it to the results I’ve had from lower Magnesium again.
 
I think running UV lowers the good guy algae populations so I never run it, unless I was treating Dino’s or some other abundance of green stuff, then sure.

Good flow is vital to keep them clean.

Higher MG say 1400 ish.

86198C6A-05FD-4DB8-9ED0-F77505B27B8C.jpeg
 

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 7 25.0%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 14 50.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 3 10.7%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 10 35.7%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 4 14.3%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 14 50.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 8 28.6%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 4 14.3%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new