Torches aren’t extending as much

taha89

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My torches aren’t extending/opening like before. Few weeks ago I put in filter floss without knowing, it'll take out nitrates as well. I used floss because one of my wrasse likes to kick up the sand so that’s why I started using floss for a month then this happened. What can I do now? I’ll upload 2 videos of the same torch 1 month apart. Please tell me, how to fix this issue because I don’t wanna lose these expensive torches. Some people are saying torch is receding.

Last edited:

Lost in the Sauce

BANGERANG!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My torches aren’t extending/opening like before. Few weeks ago I put in filter floss without knowing, it'll take out nitrates as well. I used floss because one of my wrasse likes to kick up the sand so that’s why I started using floss for a month then this happened. What can I do now? I’ll upload 2 videos of the same torch 1 month apart. Please tell me, how to fix this issue because I don’t wanna lose these expensive torches.
Can you link the videos here?

Woodyman

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Please list out your current water parameters. Specifically: Alk, Ca, Mg, pH, salinity, temp.

Also please list out any recent changes other then the floss that you have made over the last ~2 months.

This will help diagnose any issues.

OP
OP
taha89

taha89

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Please list out your current water parameters. Specifically: Alk, Ca, Mg, pH, salinity, temp.

Also please list out any recent changes other then the floss that you have made over the last ~2 months.

This will help diagnose any issues.
Alk 8.5
Cal 420
Mag 1400
pH 8.1
Salinity 1.025
Temp 78

OP
OP
taha89

taha89

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is this the before video?
I don’t even know what video got uploaded but if it with orange filter on Then yes it is the before because other one is blue light I didn’t use orange filter

Woodyman

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don’t even know what video got uploaded but if it with orange filter on Then yes it is the before because other one is blue light I didn’t use orange filter
Yep it's got the filter and the torch looks good in that video so I assumed it was the before, but wanted to be sure first..

Can you post some pictures of the torch as is today under whites or using the filter with blues?

Back