Torches???

Lazydayz

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was given a tank from someone getting out of the hobby. I'm newer to coral so I believe these are torches but not sure.

6.jpg 7.jpg

reef_daze

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Those are some awesome corals you got, the duncans and hammers look healthy. The torches, its hard to tell but they do look bleached some.

OP
OP
Lazydayz

Lazydayz

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Those are some awesome corals you got, the duncans and hammers look healthy. The torches, its hard to tell but they do look bleached some.
yea I think the torches may need to be moved up higher in the tank, I was thinking of moving them to the 30g Biocube that I was going to make my DT. Ive only had them for a week so I wasn't sure if it would stress them too much to move again

reef_daze

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
yea I think the torches may need to be moved up higher in the tank, I was thinking of moving them to the 30g Biocube that I was going to make my DT. Ive only had them for a week so I wasn't sure if it would stress them too much to move again

They should be OK. If you just moved them wait a little but really just be careful not to damage them. I've never had anything bad happen with moving corals, but there had been weeks or even months in between a moving them around in a tank. If they are just sitting on plugs not glued down I would personally move them tho.

OP
OP
Lazydayz

Lazydayz

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The tips of the torch are still a
They should be OK. If you just moved them wait a little but really just be careful not to damage them. I've never had anything bad happen with moving corals, but there had been weeks or even months in between a moving them around in a tank. If they are just sitting on plugs not glued down I would personally move them tho.
I will try and adjust them tomorrow, Thank you!

Hyde2406

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If they are bleached wouldn't you shade them from the light? Sorry I'm new to torches and mine look the same and my LFS told me to shade them.

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 2 6.5%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 4 12.9%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 24 77.4%
  • Neither.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 3.2%
Back