Torches

rob s.

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi All,
Recently i read that to keep a torch coral a minimum tank size of 55 gallons is required and an alkalinity of 4.5 to 6.7. Is this a true statement in your opinions. Thanks for the input and have a great day!

Dark_Knightt

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi All,
Recently i read that to keep a torch coral a minimum tank size of 55 gallons is required and an alkalinity of 4.5 to 6.7. Is this a true statement in your opinions. Thanks for the input and have a great day!
What??? I have a torch in a 20g and its the happiest coral in the tank. I think corals dont exactly have a minimum tank size. It all depends on the size of the coral itself; if its small, it fits, if its already a huge colony, i prolly wont fit. But torches also have a SUPER slow growth rate. Ive seen no growt in mine and ive had it about over a month now.

OP
OP
rob s.

rob s.

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What??? I have a torch in a 20g and its the happiest coral in the tank. I think corals dont exactly have a minimum tank size. It all depends on the size of the coral itself; if its small, it fits, if its already a huge colony, i prolly wont fit. But torches also have a SUPER slow growth rate. Ive seen no growt in mine and ive had it about over a month now.
thanks, it made little sense to me also...i'll stick to what i was told before which lines up with both your replies!

Cabinetman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A torch wouldn’t last long in that alkalinity. If there’s one thing I’ve learned is that euphillia doesn’t like low alk. 7 bare min but 8-9 is best imo

BighohoReef

A reefer in need is a friend indeed!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m general You always abt to keep you tank parameters in a healthy stable state don’t try and target parameter things. Especially in a mixed tank. SPS dominate tank might be an exception to the rule. Tank size also doesn’t matter like it was said in a prior post the smaller the column the harder it is to keep things stable. Lots can go wrong quickly... I’ve kept numerous euphyllia in 25g it just limits your space eventually the torch with probably out grow you tank size. Shot of the garden when it was in the 25g
1600959165810.jpeg

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 5 23.8%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 8 38.1%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 4 19.0%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 4 19.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back