Torn between clownfish

  • Thread starter Thread starter zachy
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

zachy

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 8, 2025
Messages
13
Reaction score
2
Location
20837
What state or country do you live in
Maryland
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m setting up a 20g long, and have just decided on a clownfish pair since they’re so easy, but I’ve been very indecisive of which I should get. I’m planning for these to be the only fish in the tank (with LPS, and softies) if that helps anything. But I just wanted to get others opinions on what they like. Currently, I’m looking at DaVinci Ocellaris, Orange Skunk, Wide bar Gladiator Ocellaris, Snowflake ocellaris, and Mocha Misbar. I like how all these look, but can’t choose, im trying to stay under $40 for this just to save some money for other parts of the aquarium, and have found these at various sites for the pricing I want. Thanks for any help
 
I think if you get something with the 'Black & White look' going on, you will fall in love with them. They have really grown on me. Send us some pictures down the line.
 
Skunk are one of my favorites because they are most docile out of the group.
 
I would just go and see what is available, everyone here could say the Skunk but the example you find may not be a great one, there are many variations on each type, some not as great looking as others but still carry the name…go visit a load of LFS, when you see the right fish you’ll know.
 
I have Picasso mochas (or something like that). I also like the look of the black bars
 
I am a huge fan of Picasso clowns. They are a little expensive, but I love the look of them.
 
Those are all beautiful clowns for sure. I’ve stuck with traditional ocellaris clowns because you won’t see the others out in the ocean. Also they are in your budget.
 
I would just go and see what is available, everyone here could say the Skunk but the example you find may not be a great one, there are many variations on each type, some not as great looking as others but still carry the name…go visit a load of LFS, when you see the right fish you’ll know.
Yeah, unfortunately I don’t have many LFS in my area, and the ones I do aren’t the best quality, or don’t carry much live stock
 
I am a huge fan of Picasso clowns. They are a little expensive, but I love the look of them.
I have Picasso mochas (or something like that). I also like the look of the black bars
I love picasso’s too! I’ve found some of them for the budget I have. I’ll probably get a Picasso or a skunk, but I still don’t know which 😅😅
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 1 16.7%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 2 33.3%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 1 16.7%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 1 16.7%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 1 16.7%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new