Toronto Frags 2013

Gonna be good! Hopefully we can get some american vendors to come up!
 
Gonna be good! Hopefully we can get some american vendors to come up!

That's a tricky one - though they can legally import soft corals, they would need a CITES permit to bring sps and lps.
The more interest generated, and the faster tickets sell, will attract attention from south of the border.
That said, who would you like to see come up to the great white north for Toronto Frags?
 
I'd love to come up, but buying and bring back home are the problem. Why tempt yourself, if you cant bring it home put it in your own tank.. Shame.
 
I'd like to see anyone that sells zoas haha. So zoanthids.com would be a big one
 
I am going to speak with our Fish and Wildlife folks here at the Detroit/Windsor border, if the fee's aren't too excessive I would consider coming up loaded with designer palys n zoas. I would be happy to help out Brandon from zoanthids.com if I can.
 
CITES an Frags

Hey Guys, saw one of you mention importing Corals so figured I'd share my recent experience. I have been planning a trip up to Ontario for quite a while, hopefully a one stop shop scenario for me and my new Acro tank build. Many of the pieces I know of in Canada are much harder to come across here in the US, and your price points are better.

Obtaining the CITES was fairly straight forward, although time consuming, and it did not cost anything.
Obtaining the import permit was more challenging, I had to go through US Fish and Wildlife, listing genus and species, import methods, etc.
The US Permittal process will cost me $100USD for the port entry and $330USD for an import fee.
From start to finish, the CITES and US Fish & Wildlife permit process took me 3 months, alot of phone calls and back & forth.
The time and expense with this was frustrating, but I am at least confident that I will come through the border without any problems or delays.

-Greg
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 9 5.3%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 13 7.6%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 15.8%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 58 33.9%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.2%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 12 7.0%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 12 7.0%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 26 15.2%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 12 7.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new