Toronto Frags 2013

Bjohn

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Gonna be good! Hopefully we can get some american vendors to come up!

OP
OP
T

Toronto Frags 2013

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Gonna be good! Hopefully we can get some american vendors to come up!

That's a tricky one - though they can legally import soft corals, they would need a CITES permit to bring sps and lps.
The more interest generated, and the faster tickets sell, will attract attention from south of the border.
That said, who would you like to see come up to the great white north for Toronto Frags?

Paul C.

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'd love to come up, but buying and bring back home are the problem. Why tempt yourself, if you cant bring it home put it in your own tank.. Shame.

Bjohn

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'd like to see anyone that sells zoas haha. So zoanthids.com would be a big one

CherryCorals

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am going to speak with our Fish and Wildlife folks here at the Detroit/Windsor border, if the fee's aren't too excessive I would consider coming up loaded with designer palys n zoas. I would be happy to help out Brandon from zoanthids.com if I can.

gdemos

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
CITES an Frags

Hey Guys, saw one of you mention importing Corals so figured I'd share my recent experience. I have been planning a trip up to Ontario for quite a while, hopefully a one stop shop scenario for me and my new Acro tank build. Many of the pieces I know of in Canada are much harder to come across here in the US, and your price points are better.

Obtaining the CITES was fairly straight forward, although time consuming, and it did not cost anything.
Obtaining the import permit was more challenging, I had to go through US Fish and Wildlife, listing genus and species, import methods, etc.
The US Permittal process will cost me $100USD for the port entry and $330USD for an import fee.
From start to finish, the CITES and US Fish & Wildlife permit process took me 3 months, alot of phone calls and back & forth.
The time and expense with this was frustrating, but I am at least confident that I will come through the border without any problems or delays.

-Greg

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 59 33.3%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 6 3.4%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 47 26.6%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 57 32.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.5%
Back