Total silicon corals and plastic resin aquacape tank.

Promodcrazy

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This 50 gallon reef tank and it was done with plastic resin rocks and silicone corals and anienomies .
I've been into reef tanks for some 20 years and things just keep climbing in cost, with live rock , corals and fish.
I love salwater fish very much too but as you all know not very many fish will live along side corals without eating them. So this was my idea to lower cost and have the best of both worlds. The silcon corals and plastic reson rocks have come along way to mimic realism and are much cheaper.
The rocks are cast from live rock formations they are hollow making them, very light and the fish love the hollow rocks as they swim iside. Algea grows o, the rocks same as live rocks and in the end look much better than,the solid purple rocks for sale now as live rock.
The corals are easy to maintain running a nitrate/phosphate reactor keeping undesirable algea from growing.
I see this as the new age of reef aquaria.
0810190922b.jpg

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Low maintenance with Color !!

OP
OP
Promodcrazy

Promodcrazy

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How do you keep it looking nice an fresh do you have to pull them Regularly and clean them
I run a 24"×5" nitrate/phosphate reactor after about 6 months of running it the reactor builds enough to take of both near zero readings.

OP
OP
Promodcrazy

Promodcrazy

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Where do you get the rocks?
Moo I got the rocks off of EBay for a very good price plus free shipping they are growing in popularly now and they have knocked of the free shipping but there still a great deal compared to live rocks plus the formation of rocks is like nothing you find in live rocks . after a while in your tank they become live with bacterial growth on outside and inside. I also dosed the tank with coraline algea spores when,I put them in.

JasonK84

I want more!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You should really take care of all that aiptasia and majano before they really take over your tank!!!

I like the clams and the actual rock but the silicon stuff just doesn’t look convincing.

OP
OP
Promodcrazy

Promodcrazy

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You should really take care of all that aiptasia and majano before they really take over your tank!!!

I like the clams and the actual rock but the silicon stuff just doesn’t look convincing.
Thank you for the rocks and clams but you miss the point of the post .

JasonK84

I want more!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you for the rocks and clams but you miss the point of the post .
I’m all for the fake Reef. I have one! And for the same reason you do. I wanted the Reef look but wanted fish that would destroy it if it were real.

Took a couple pics from the laz y boy from the Wyze cam. Sorry bout the glare. My wife’s hobby is hydroponics so lots of LED lighting around the house.
3670972A-6BCA-4F4E-A6F7-EE1541FB1CD4.jpeg

9D38106C-08C3-4C99-8A49-EF7982F0B065.jpeg

These coral inserts are from Instant Reef

OP
OP
Promodcrazy

Promodcrazy

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m all for the fake Reef. I have one! And for the same reason you do. I wanted the Reef look but wanted fish that would destroy it if it were real.

Took a couple pics from the laz y boy from the Wyze cam. Sorry bout the glare. My wife’s hobby is hydroponics so lots of LED lighting around the house.
3670972A-6BCA-4F4E-A6F7-EE1541FB1CD4.jpeg

9D38106C-08C3-4C99-8A49-EF7982F0B065.jpeg

These coral inserts are from Instant Reef
looks great buddy , what tank is that.? What would take years to collect would cost a fortune but with these you,pick them,all up in a weeks pay easy. Very beauty the colors pop.

OP
OP
Promodcrazy

Promodcrazy

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Jason I got most of off of Amazon every thing I bought there was good quality but EBay has some China dealers but all I bought was junk faded out and got hard. I wish Reef2Reef would allow a bigger video I have one showing the movement of the corals with the water currant.

JasonK84

I want more!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Jason I got most of off of Amazon every thing I bought there was good quality but EBay has some China dealers but all I bought was junk faded out and got hard. I wish Reef2Reef would allow a bigger video I have one showing the movement of the corals with the water currant.
You can upload to YouTube and then just post the link here.

Mine have no real movement but provide lots of swim through and hiding places. I’d love to see a video if you’re able to get one.

OP
OP
Promodcrazy

Promodcrazy

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You can upload to YouTube and then just post the link here.

Mine have no real movement but provide lots of swim through and hiding places. I’d love to see a video if you’re able to get one.

Thank you Jason I'll do that.

Going off the ledge: Would you be interested in a drop off aquarium?

• I currently have a drop off style aquarium

Votes: 2 1.1%
  • I don’t currently have a drop off style aquarium, but I have in the past.

Votes: 3 1.7%
  • I haven’t had a drop off style aquarium, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 26 14.7%
  • I am interested in a drop off style aquarium, but have no plans to add one in the future.

Votes: 87 49.2%
  • I am not interested in a drop off style aquarium.

Votes: 54 30.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 2.8%
Back