Touch screen on P4 not responding

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Reefer911

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
After using the P4 screen to set up temp control, and calibrate my pH probe, I need to recalibrate the pH probe due to faulty high reading. Now the screen on the P4 will not respond and I am unable to use the down arrow. With repetitive touching, I can get the X and check to work, and occasionally the left arrow but those get me no where. I did unplug the P4 and plugged it back in to reset it but no change.

Ditto

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You can also do it under extra menu in a GHL connect or the P4 web portal and choose capacitive keys option also.

2AFED6FF-44F8-4996-B22A-C710FF9F9F2D.png

OP
OP
Reefer911

Reefer911

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I did see that calibrating the keys was a thing, which I attempted. I’m not sure if I completed it but at some point the screen just started doing its own thing as if I was quickly pressing keys. It’s really been going crazy. If I could upload videos to R2R I would but I’ve never been successful doing that.

In the middle of all that I attempted to calibrate the conductivity probe and the value is reading zero. The probe is in the tank.

I’m not sure how I’ll keep going with this. It’s one thing right after the other. I really don’t have the time or mental capacity to research every move I make on this system.

OP
OP
Reefer911

Reefer911

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When doing the key calibration, there’s no response from the unit after it prompts me to touch the keys. Should it prompt me to touch each key or do I just touch all the keys one after another? I know I’m doing it wrong because in the middle of me touching the keys it starts to do it’s own thing again.

OP
OP
Reefer911

Reefer911

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My ph with a digital Hanna checker is 8.4 and I’ve never had ph values as high as the GHL is showing. I calibrated with the reagents at 25°C. I’m wondering if the ph probe is bad.
Regarding the conductivity, I haven’t been able to properly calibrate that probe due to issues with the P4 keys/display not functioning correctly. I’ll try again in a bit

Lasse

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You stated in another thread that your P4 was bought used (and you get a good price) and there is no way that any of us could say if your probes, your display or other things you bought used is OK or not.

However - IMO - the other problems you had written about has more or less been user related than hardware/software related.

And why do you use the display in order to calibrate and set up your probes?

Sincerely Lasse

OP
OP
Reefer911

Reefer911

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The P4 finally calmed down and I was able to calibrate the conductivity probe.

I don’t disagree that most of my problems have been user related. Medicine is my profession. Not computers. The instructional videos leave a lot of important details out so it’s hard for someone like me to fill in the blanks.

I use the display to calibrate because I haven’t seen that it could be done elsewhere

Lasse

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You have the latest FW to P4 I believe. When you download a new FW - you will see this and there is something very interesting called change log. And it shows that from FW 1.1.4.1 you have been able to do calibrations from GCC

1674472684825.png

And it looks like this

1674473911878.png

I normal cases - measure pH in the tank - you should calibrate between 7 and 9 - Be sure that it is 7 at value 1 and - if you use GHL;s calibration liquid - 9 at value 2, If you are calibrat for measurements below 7 (freshwater, calc reactors) the lowest figure - normally 4 should be at value 1 and 7 at value 2. You can change the pH calibration points with typing . Press calibrate and follow the instructions.

I do not believe that you even can calibrate with help of the display anymore,

From app 3.22.5 you can also calibrate through the webinterface. If you use mgGHL - you have the latest interface but if you connect locally - I do not think you have it. I could in you screenshots in another thread that you have WiFI FW 7088 locally - its from 2020. You need to update the WiFi FW to latest FW (7134) and latest Web interface. In order to get the latest WiFi FW and webinterface for the internal webserver - you need to download the lates WiFi update here.

It comes as a zip file - extract it

Go to your locally web interface but use your own IP adress - here its mine

1674475441591.png

Go to network

1674475557380.png

Press File Transfer and chose WiFi module FirmWare - stay away from file system

1674475653250.png

Look for the file firmware.bin. You find in the place you extract it ->your place`\ WiFi-Module-ESP-Update\ WiFi-Firmware-Update-Tool\ WiFi-Firmware-Update-Tool\ Firmware

1674475808077.png

Press next and next after the warning
1674476291167.png

1674476386781.png

1674476438283.png

Refresh and go back to network - do the same but chose Webinterface instead - stay away from webserver file system

1674476613122.png

Press next and when file is requested - you find it here. Your place\WiFi-Module-ESP-Update\WiFi-Firmware-Update-Tool\WiFi-Firmware-Update-Tool\Webinterface

After this refresh and you should be able to calibrate even from the local adress

The calibratin is easier with help of webinterface but if it is a normal calibration - Value 1 should be 7 (use to be 4 default) Valu 2 should be 9 (default 7)

Sincerely Lasse

Last edited:
OP
OP
Reefer911

Reefer911

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Perhaps I’m supposed to type the IP address in the address bar instead of log into myghl.
Didn’t work, so then I’m trying to remember what I did a few nights ago in order to connect locally. Connect to p4 hotspot before searching the IP?
I attempt to do that and the yellow lamp lights up on the p4 but the pc says there’s no internet access and I get no where

Lasse

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Perhaps I’m supposed to type the IP address in the address bar instead of log into myghl.
Yes!!!!!!!! - file transfer option is NOT available through myGHL -

1674546442574.png

RED -Your local IP adress. Local IP adress means NOT hotspot and NOT myGHL it means the local adress on your. WiFi (local network). This also means that you can reach it with a web browser regardless of operating system. You can use a MAC, a PC or whatever located browser.

Your file transfer option is active - blue marking

Sincerely Lasse

Last edited:

Lasse

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
And as I said before - do not update webserver file system - ONLY update WiFi-module Firmware and Web interface for the moment!!!!! If you by mistake update webserver file system - you need to reconfigure all of your WiFi settings at the P4.

Sincerely Lasse

OP
OP
Reefer911

Reefer911

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok...excuse my blatant ignorance yet again, but regardless of what OS I reach the file transfer button, it still needs to be done with a PC so I can connect via USB to transfer the files, correct?

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 64 39.8%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 35 21.7%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 56 34.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 3.7%
Back