Toxin from a medusa worm?

haleyf1024

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I found a worm in my fuge, which I later identified as (I think) a medusa worm. Well, that was after I freaked out and pulled him off the chaeto. He broke in half, so I am sure he released his toxin. How long will it stay in the system? My fish are currently in QT for another 5-6 weeks at least so I just want to make sure it will be gone by then. I have a protein skimmer, which I read may help? And I do water changes, about 10-15 gallons every 2-3 weeks. The tank is 110 gallons.

OP
OP
haleyf1024

haleyf1024

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Forgot to mention that, yes I got all of the worm out. I run chemipure elite already

kacrocorals581

Gotta have that acro
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
yeah if your running a good chemical filtration like that should be good and maybe wet skim for a bit couldn't hurt granted that you have a large water volume and you don't have any fish in there for a while I'd just change the chemipure before the fish go back in just in case its holding onto anything nasty the medusa released , Medusa are pretty cool to have if you won't one that is although long term life for them in a aquarium is quite hard to achieve due to there feeding habbits

OP
OP
haleyf1024

haleyf1024

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Awesome. My skimmer usually wet skims, it is right now. Those worms freak me out, the only worm I would put in my tank would be a feather duster lol

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 45 20.9%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 74 34.4%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 72 33.5%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 20 9.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 1.9%
Back