What is this???? Not a medusa worm?

  • Thread starter Thread starter MistyDaze
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

MistyDaze

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 28, 2024
Messages
22
Reaction score
8
Location
Raymondville
What state or country do you live in
Texas
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have this pictures and 2 videos, one was too long to post. I know there is a medusa worm in this tank but it looks entirely different. I noticed it when my hermit walked up to it and the worm stood up. In the long video it shot out poop!! I can try to cut that one down to post also
IMG_0385.jpeg
IMG_0384.jpeg
IMG_0376.jpeg
IMG_0380.jpeg
IMG_0379.jpeg
IMG_0372.jpeg
IMG_0373.jpeg
IMG_0375.jpeg
IMG_0377.jpeg
IMG_0378.jpeg
IMG_0382.jpeg
IMG_0381.jpeg
IMG_0383.jpeg

 
Here is the video where it pooped. I counted 4 in the tank at the same time as far as i could see
 

Attachments

  • IMG_0374.mov
    31.9 MB
Last edited:
Um, great pictures! That is a high velocity poop; I’d be concerned if that were me.

I think you’ll find them harmless. I’m far from very knowledgable but have been trying to learn more about similar looking worms.
 
May need to zoom in on the head, but it looks like a dorvilleidae worm, a type of bristleworm. I have a bunch in my tank all along the sand bed and rockwork. Clean up crew that stays small, eats detritus/algae, and is a nice snack for my fish when they swim in the water column in the evenings
 

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 7 38.9%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 6 33.3%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 4 22.2%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 16.7%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 3 16.7%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 4 22.2%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 27.8%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 8 44.4%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 27.8%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 4 22.2%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 16.7%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new